Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Did Milner start yesterday?

He's been benched for the previous 2 games (i think)... would be interesting if he's been dropped to the bench for good already.

EDIT: just checked. He played an impressive 4 minutes yesterday. Well done, James :winkold:

imo plus theres a plethora of reasons for him to be an angry bastard, getting racially abused your entire life can't be much fun.
But he hasn't been. He got it a little when he started out, he got a little for choosing to play for Italy too, the general comment being that "There are no black Italians" however, the abuse he gets, or got from other teams in the league wasn't racist, it was because he's a word removed.

As for the Tevez thing, according to a City fan I know:

He was annoyed at Mancini and, due to being the club's captain and leading goalscorer, complained to Cook/the owners and said he didn't want to work under him any more, expecting Mancini to be removed.

Owners told Tevez that they would expect his transfer request on their desk then.

he was refused citizenship for 18 years despite being born and raised in Italy, his biological parents deserted him, he wasbanned from representing italy u-17s/19s because they labelled him an immigrant.

and how can countless examples of racist abuse not be racist? every time he played in Turin or Rome he got bananas chucked at him, he represents the national time against Romania and is subjected to abuse from both sets of fans - he's had a hell of a lot to deal with for a 20 year old and think people should get off his back.

There's no doubt he has had some tough moments in his life, and so do many other people. It is no reason for him constantly act like a petulant child. If he doesn't meet his 'potential' because of this he only has himself to blame. I don't condone Mourinho's man management of him at times, but under Mancini he has no need to kick up a fuss, as Mancini no doubt looks after him.

he's had a hell of a lot to deal with for a 20 year old and think people should get off his back.

People have been bad to him, so it entitles him to be a prick? I don't think so. Alot of players have had to deal with racist abuse and don't act like him.

he's had a hell of a lot to deal with for a 20 year old and think people should get off his back.

People have been bad to him, so it entitles him to be a prick? I don't think so. Alot of players have had to deal with racist abuse and don't act like him.

i can only say how i see it. im 21 so we're pretty much the same age, if i've been abused throughout the childhood and then my career as a young footballer then i'm going to feel as though im entitled to be a dickhead back. for me, his volatility is like a mean streak showing people he doesn't stand for the shit he gets which is a good thing.

as for the people saying he may not live up to his potential, he already has 3/4? italian league winners medals as well as winning the ultimate honour in club football.

A statement has come out saying that his relationships with certain club executives are beyond repair. Also he confirms he wants to leave, says thankyou to Sheikh Mansour for his understanding and says there are no "personal" issues with Roberto Mancini.

(So there could be "professional" issues with Mancini"

Breaking news - Man City have made a £150 million bid for Barcelona star Lionel Messi. Barcelona issued an immediate response and had this to say:

Lol **** off

More to follow

:lol:

Spanish law dictates that you have to have a buyout clause in your contract. City could just offer Barcelona that and they would have to accept the bid. It's only €250m. :lol:

Â