Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Expect a massive bid for Bale in January.

Good shout, could see this happening.

Here's how it will work -> City offer £30m, Levey and Redknapp say no, Bale gets wind of what his new salary might be (£130k p/w?), he tells his agent he wants to move, deal goes through, Bale in and out of the team and all of his potential is lost.

Why are city fans adamant on getting Torres? he looks nothing like the player he was before.

A bit OT but did you watch Torres against Chelsea? Still has the ability, it's either he doesn't want to play or Hodgson has no idea how to utilise him. Probably a bit of both.

Why are city fans adamant on getting Torres? he looks nothing like the player he was before.

A bit OT but did you watch Torres against Chelsea? Still has the ability, it's either he doesn't want to play or Hodgson has no idea how to utilise him. Probably a bit of both.

Yes i saw the match he did well but still nothing compared to before imo.

His last match over the weekend was woeful, first touch was poor, positioning and composure was all wrong - he did have a kid though i guess which could be on his mind.

City have said they'll refuse to sell Tevez. Probably just playing for a higher selling price, but if Tevez retires from football altogether, do City have any grounds for compensation?

Good question that.

I know British Law dictates that you can't force somebody to carry out a personal service, such as playing football. At best, you can impose an injunction to stop said person from playing elsewhere. But whether you could claim for compensation from the player? Theoretically, he's broken a contract, so I would say yes.

City have said they'll refuse to sell Tevez. Probably just playing for a higher selling price, but if Tevez retires from football altogether, do City have any grounds for compensation?

Good question that.

I know British Law dictates that you can't force somebody to carry out a personal service, such as playing football. At best, you can impose an injunction to stop said person from playing elsewhere. But whether you could claim for compensation from the player? Theoretically, he's broken a contract, so I would say yes.

The latest reports on BBC suggest that they will seek compensation. Is this really any different from Mutu who Chelski have successfully sued I think, where drug taking effectively caused a breach of his contract?

Its great to see what will happen with a club that has enough resources/is able to let him rot on the bench/reserves if he throws his toys out of the pram. Football biting back? :winkold:

I think they'd be able to sue Tevez for his signing on fee and part of the salary he's been paid. I think he'll be able to hang on to the performance bonuses he's been paid.

I'm also sure they'l continue to hold his registration for the term of his contract. If he wants to play elsewhere, he'll have to buy that off them.

Sorry, but can only see these quit threats as a bluff. He has been trying to renegotiate his contract since the start of this season. You'd have to presume any higher wage would also come with a longer contract (more than the 3.5 years he has remaining).

His agent is very good at what he does, £20 to VT if he quits football, £10 even if he leaves Man City.

Its all about getting more money.

Tevez, to me, is as petulent as Balotelli.

When he was at his beloved Boca, he attended a press conference wearing a Manchester United shirt.

At Manchester United, fair enough, he got messed about, but he did get started in the champions league final and he did have the choice to stay with them.

Since joining City, he's hardly proven himself to be the clubman that his stature demands. Hinting about retiring from football every 5 minutes, it's hardly the kind of thing that paying fans want to hear.

If he wasnt South American, and ergo everyone's favourite player, then there's no way he'd be afforded the kind of patience that he currently benefits from.

Boca

Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust up with manager also ensues.

Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club - 2 1/2 seasons.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Corinthians

Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Time at club - 1 season.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

West Ham

Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Strings the club along before swiftly ditching them - but it's alright because it was for us.

Time at club - 1 season.

Manchester United

Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just 5 goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres.

Parting shot of 'I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them'

Time at club - 2 seasons.

Manchester City

Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time banging his mistress (the actually banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.

Time at club - 1 1/2 seasons - the 1/2 a season grudgingly, against his will.

I felt a tiny bit sorry for Balotelli on Saturday. Pearce was ready to jump on him as soon as he put a foot out of line. I was listening to all the reactions on 5-live on the way back from our game and the presenter was actually encouraging City fans to ring in to criticise Balotelli. When i saw the incident on MOTD later, I thought they were making something out of nothing.

Â