Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Cook was also behind the Tevez poster, which cost about £1000 and garnered world wide media coverage, mostly positive. I'd say that was pretty good marketing.

Not sure how our 3rd in command is responsible for the Hughes situation, but fair enough.

Clutching at straws here mate? He sticks up a poster for a £1000 and he's a great CEO? I'd love to see the City accounts, but hey if you think he's doing a great job then so be it, but i'd say you could stick any CEO in that role where money is no object and see how he'd do.

You know, I should really stop defending Villa fans to others. You guys are rapidly becoming scousers.

Boo hoo. Go have a look at your own back garden ie Blue Moon before insulting anyone elses intelligence. If you don't like it then disable your account or something. I have to laugh at your absolute arrogance - coming onto another clubs forum with your condescending tripe.

I like how you think that "scousers" is a synonym for "stupid".

Speaking of laughing, how's that whole "we'll finish above you" stuff that your guys were coming out with on BM working out for you?

Not too well actually, much like your 'qualifying for Champions League on a £500m budget' or 'winning a trophy' ambitions. DOn't dispare though, maybe it'll only take £1bn to get into the top 4, Might only take a few billion to actually win something.

You know, I should really stop defending Villa fans to others. You guys are rapidly becoming scousers.

Boo hoo. Go have a look at your own back garden ie Blue Moon before insulting anyone elses intelligence. If you don't like it then disable your account or something. I have to laugh at your absolute arrogance - coming onto another clubs forum with your condescending tripe.

I like how you think that "scousers" is a synonym for "stupid".

Speaking of laughing, how's that whole "we'll finish above you" stuff that your guys were coming out with on BM working out for you?

You city fans are hilarious, get a bit of money and your all billy big bollux. it must be dark being a city fan knowing that you are and always will be in United's shadow, 500 million can't even buy you lot a trophy, let alone class. as far as i'm concerned there is only 1 big club in manchester and heres a hint: they don't wear blue

I've read Blue Moon a few times, mainly out of curiosity, and the level of moderation on there is pretty non-existant. It looks fairly flashy, but the drivel which gets posted on there is pitched at a sub-adult level.

Blue Moon is nice, though. It doesn't merge everything into 100+ page topics like most football sites.

Villa fans are alright on the whole. It is understandable that some of them hate us because we took their players. Although I must say, the price we paid for them is well in excess of their market value, so I don't feel too bad. Lerner could have easily strengthened the squad with some foreign purchases. Was really surprised when you didn't buy someone like Asamoah Gyan or Gervinho.

Yeah, he was priced high but my judgment is impaired by Mansour's money. :winkold: After watching Villa several times, it looks like a position you need.

I never saw a reason why Villa couldn't have pulled a Tottenham and became a top 4 or 5 club. You have a larger capacity stadium in a second city and good financial support from Lerner. At one time your resources were better than Wenger's.

It was used poorly by the previous manager imo, people will refuse to acknowledge it as he got top 6 for us but our squad is somewhat old and most are past it and some are happy to sit and do nothing and get £££ - habib beye, carew, heskey are all old, warnock is a liabilty, sidwell is poor and should never have signed, salifou and osbourne are poor signings. Way too many average signings and short term solutions (for example age on heskey is 32)

hopefully these players will get us through this season, some will get us through till Jan with replacements in.. just got to see how it pans out.

It was used poorly by the previous manager imo, people will refuse to acknowledge it as he got top 6 for us but our squad is somewhat old and most are past it and some are happy to sit and do nothing and get £££ - habib beye, carew, heskey are all old, warnock is a liabilty, sidwell is poor and should never have signed, salifou and osbourne are poor signings. Way too many average signings and short term solutions (for example age on heskey is 32)

hopefully these players will get us through this season, some will get us through till Jan with replacements in.. just got to see how it pans out.

osbourne is a youth setup player,a shite one at that but mon didnt buy him,the rest you are right about though lazy money hungery bastards..Man City fans will know all about that. :lol:

Blue Moon is nice, though. It doesn't merge everything into 100+ page topics like most football sites.

Villa fans are alright on the whole. It is understandable that some of them hate us because we took their players. Although I must say, the price we paid for them is well in excess of their market value, so I don't feel too bad. Lerner could have easily strengthened the squad with some foreign purchases. Was really surprised when you didn't buy someone like Asamoah Gyan or Gervinho.

You overpaid for Barry definitely but I'd definitely maintain that in the current market Milner is a £25m centre midfielder. Just Mancini plays him out wide where he is an average player.

You overpaid for Barry definitely but I'd definitely maintain that in the current market Milner is a £25m centre midfielder. Just Mancini plays him out wide where he is an average player.

Yes. The quality is there, but he's being wasted out of position.

He will come good if he gets a chance.

osbourne is a youth setup player,a shite one at that but mon didnt buy him,the rest you are right about though lazy money hungery bastards..Man City fans will know all about that. :lol:

oh my bad didn't know that about Osbourne.. you get the idea though :lol:

Man City fan comes on here to plead his club and fans aren't rocket polishers and in doing so makes himself look like a rocket polisher.

Hilarious. :lol:

Not really, I got bored of trying to argue on a logical level, so thought I'd throw out a thinly veiled insult for a change.

Anyway, we at BM do moderate very loosely and it is a purposeful decision, we like the anarchy of it all. We get idiots, geniuses and everywhere in between.

I would argue the opposite; I think we overpaid for Milner certainly but not for Barry. He's been a lynchpin in our team since arriving. He's one of those players who doesn't look like he is doing much, but seems to do very simple jobs better than anyone else we have. Milner's played CM for the last few games and has done well. He was put on the wing because Kolarov was injured and we needed someone who could cover Zab defensively, which Milner did well.

Barry is fat and useless. You mentioned he's one of those players who doesn't look like he does much but does the simple jobs well - you just described Stan Petrov there. I know which of the two I'd rather have in my midfield.

Â