Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We are trying to do similar with clubs 

Not comparable. The City Group is an extension of the sports washing arm of UAE extending from Troyes, Yokohama, Girona and others including in India and China. 

The aim of V Sports is primarily about infrastructure and developing networks of talents. Not directly owning clubs or being minority or majority shareholders with every team. Take for example Vissel Kobe in Japan, it's a partnership and working to develop talent. We aren't aggressively buying clubs under the banner of the petro state. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Not comparable. The City Group is an extension of the sports washing arm of UAE extending from Troyes, Yokohama, Girona and others including in India and China. 

The aim of V Sports is primarily about infrastructure and developing networks of talents. Not directly owning clubs or being minority or majority shareholders with every team. Take for example Vissel Kobe in Japan, it's a partnership and working to develop talent. We aren't aggressively buying clubs under the banner of the petro state. 

Exactly… what they are doing is corrupt, immoral sportswashing…

What we are doing is for the good of the partner clubs…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

No 😂

We are in same shit as them just not as successful. The City partner clubs are doing fine it seems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Nice try. Do you realise that feeder clubs are nothing new? How do you think Brighton got Mitoma? Because of their Belgian partner. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

No 😂

We are in same shit as them just not as successful. The City partner clubs are doing fine it seems

Troyes, the club who actually own this player's registration, have never played him and sit just outside the Ligue 2 relegation zone. 

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Troyes, the club who actually own this player's registration, have never played him and sit just outside the Ligue 2 relegation zone. 

Girona are in a La Liga title race, Palermo are currently in a playoff chase after years in doldrums, Lommel similar.

Troyes seem to be an exception but they also played in Ligue Un last season

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Girona are in a La Liga title race, Palermo are currently in a playoff chase after years in doldrums, Lommel similar.

Troyes seem to be an exception but they also played in Ligue Un last season

I just think it's quite easy for me to imagine being a fan of Troyes, watching this team struggling in Ligue 2, and thinking it's a bit of a **** pisser that rather than playing the player we own, I'm just hearing about how well he's doing in Spain so that he can improve for the benefit of a team in England. That would rankle with me, while I was fretting about relegation. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just think it's quite easy for me to imagine being a fan of Troyes, watching this team struggling in Ligue 2, and thinking it's a bit of a **** pisser that rather than playing the player we own, I'm just hearing about how well he's doing in Spain so that he can improve for the benefit of a team in England. That would rankle with me, while I was fretting about relegation. 

They’re 6 points off relegation and 6 points off 6th. I have no idea how they play, but that league is TIGHT. 

Ferguson had it much easier than Pep, plenty of seasons with no competent rivals and always had the ability to buy the best players from other premier league teams, Cantona, Keane, Yorke, Rooney, Ferdinand, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Ferguson had it much easier than Pep, plenty of seasons with no competent rivals and always had the ability to buy the best players from other premier league teams, Cantona, Keane, Yorke, Rooney, Ferdinand, etc.

Yes, think that's a good counter-argument to the general view that Ferguson was superior. 

Pep has had some of the best players on the planet in the dressing rooms when he arrived at clubs. SAF built several world class teams, and somehow made shite to average players champions.

Both top coaches but very different in many ways.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

On 06/02/2024 at 20:30, foreveryoung said:

Some Man U fan on TalkSport today saying Antony Gordon is a better footballer than Foden. 🤦‍♂️😆

Where they get these jokers from.

London,  mainly 

• Haha 3

Â