Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

14 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Recent pep interview about how it's fine margins between teams just shuts up nearly 99% of fans  on fan forums. Especially journalists. Just goes to show how far behind fans are when it comes to football IQ, stats and everything. 

friend conversation GIF

On 01/03/2020 at 06:54, Bugzy1991 said:

Recent pep interview about how it's fine margins between teams just shuts up nearly 99% of fans  on fan forums. Especially journalists. Just goes to show how far behind fans are when it comes to football IQ, stats and everything. 

Or it suits his agenda. Just like his comment "we couldn't afford Jack Grealish". :crylaugh:

Pep is a brilliant manager, but like a lot of managers in front of the media, they talk a bunch of bollocks to suit themselves.

• Like 1

Talked to some City fans after the game top lads in general.  Some bell end hangers on in the stadium though.

It must be weird for the fans that have been there for the bad times that they have these new fans that know nothing but success.

47 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Talked to some City fans after the game top lads in general.  Some bell end hangers on in the stadium though.

It must be weird for the fans that have been there for the bad times that they have these new fans that know nothing but success.

Success feels way better when it's earned the "right" way.

I still find it a disgrace to football that Man City keeps getting allowed to go on after all those oil money spent.

It doesn't bother me. 

We broke the first transfer record and had success early on. Does it not count? 

They still come across like a small club though. You don't get the same feeling from United. I'm not sure any amount of success is really going to turn that tide. 

Player (24)
Pos.
Annual Salary
Weekly Salary
Zinchenko Oleksandr Zinchenko M 22   £1,040,000 £20,000
Walker Kyle Walker D 28   £5,720,000 £110,000
Tasende Jose Angel Tasende D 22   - -
Stones John Stones D 24   £5,200,000 £100,000
Sterling Raheem Sterling M 24   £15,600,000 £300,000
Silva David Silva M 33   £11,440,000 £220,000
Silva Bernardo Silva M 24   £7,800,000 £150,000
Sane Leroy Sane F 23   £4,680,000 £90,000
Otamendi Nicolas Otamendi D 31   £6,240,000 £120,000
Moreno Marlos Moreno F 22   £2,340,000 £45,000
Moraes Ederson Moraes GK 25   £3,380,000 £65,000
Mendy Benjamin Mendy D 24   £4,680,000 £90,000
Mahrez Riyad Mahrez F 28   £6,240,000 £120,000
Luis Roza Fernandinho Luis Roza M 33   £7,800,000 £150,000
Laporte Aymeric Laporte D 24   £6,240,000 £120,000
Jesus Gabriel Jesus F 21   £4,680,000 £90,000
Gundogan Ilkay Gundogan M 28   £7,280,000 £140,000
Foden Phil Foden M 0   £624,000 £12,000
De Bruyne Kevin De Bruyne M 27   £18,200,000 £350,000
Cascante Rodrigo Hernández Cascante M 22   £6,300,000 £121,154
Carson Scott Carson GK 33   - -
Cancelo Joao Cancelo D 24   £4,160,000 £80,000
Bravo Claudio Bravo GK 35   £4,160,000 £80,000
Aguero Sergio Aguero F 30   £11,967,000 £230,135

Obviously these are estimates but just look at those numbers. Villa are apparently in the big boy league, big club, rich tradition, great support, world famous... yet a million miles away from competing with that.

Some of those look much too low too. No way Ederson is on "only " 65kpw.

• Like 1

Even the lowest paid player in that list could pay off my outstanding mortage in two weeks with change left over.

It's obscene really.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

It doesn't bother me. 

We broke the first transfer record and had success early on. Does it not count? 

They still come across like a small club though. You don't get the same feeling from United. I'm not sure any amount of success is really going to turn that tide. 

doesn't bother me either, i don't know a single city fan so they're largely irrelevant to me

and I think they're happy about that, they like not having the tourists and day trippers upping their numbers, I think they started too late, glory hunting kids had already started to look abroad, its easier to watch juve or barca and pick them rather than pick city

would add that im not one of those who thinks pep has to win the champions league or anything like that, the biggest growth factor for city will be good football and he provides that, for all the money he's spent you could argue that he's not gone for a big marketable player, they haven't got a Pogba / Neymar / Zlatan at the club

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City have never went for the big name or marketing name since they were stung by Kaka. Since then they signed quality over namepower

and Robinho and Tevez.

In the first 3 years of the takeover they signed Robinho, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Adebayor, Barry, Milner, Shay Given, Aguero, David Silva and countless others I've forgotten (Kompany and I think Zabaleta came in just before the takeover).

So some flops there, proven premier league experience, long term signings given Aguero and David Silva are still starting their major games 10 years on from signing and also signings that made the world of football take notice and see Man. City as attractive proposition. Ironically they didn't win anything for first three years as still needed to fix the mentality of long trophy drought which the likes of us and Everton now have.

I wish when we have our annual 100m + splurges we could have a window when we could sign 2-3 top level players for say 80m and then fill up the rest of the squad with experienced freebies like Cahill and the odd season long loan.

That's the only way to really climb back into the top level of clubs but with Purslow speaking about us not being able to match wages of what even Brighton are paying (a team that could easily go down with us) seems it will be another summer of taking punts even if we stay up.

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Even the lowest paid player in that list could pay off my outstanding mortage in two weeks with change left over.

It's obscene really.

It’s wrong that players earn so much money when many people can’t even afford to turn the heating on in their homes. Sickening really!

• Like 2

I used to quite  like Man City before they became a new club.  You remember, a clown car of a club but with a good solid local north west support. You never knew what was going to happen next with them- Swales out, Alan Ball not knowing the scores on the final day, feeding the goat, and thinking Stuart Pearce could be a football manager.  But boy am I fed up with them. A completely artificial construction, pumped up with oil money.  Pep is a hypocrite - he wants freedom for Catalonia but turns the blind eye over human right issues in Abu Dhabi as he wants the silver.

And yesterday- banks of empty seats, one peep of blue moon and a mass evacuation before the trophy presentation.  A  billion pound club beat a  hundreds of million pound club as expected. They are bored of total dominance. Well what do they think everyone else thinks?!

• Like 4

On 02/03/2020 at 07:55, S-Platt said:

Agree.

On 02/03/2020 at 12:04, VillaChris said:

In the first 3 years of the takeover they signed Robinho, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Adebayor, Barry, Milner, Shay Given, Aguero, David Silva and countless others I've forgotten (Kompany and I think Zabaleta came in just before the takeover).

So some flops there, proven premier league experience, long term signings given Aguero and David Silva are still starting their major games 10 years on from signing and also signings that made the world of football take notice and see Man. City as attractive proposition. Ironically they didn't win anything for first three years as still needed to fix the mentality of long trophy drought which the likes of us and Everton now have.

I wish when we have our annual 100m + splurges we could have a window when we could sign 2-3 top level players for say 80m and then fill up the rest of the squad with experienced freebies like Cahill and the odd season long loan.

That's the only way to really climb back into the top level of clubs but with Purslow speaking about us not being able to match wages of what even Brighton are paying (a team that could easily go down with us) seems it will be another summer of taking punts even if we stay up.

We haven’t produced enough home grown players. Our best player by a mile is home grown. We have wasted so much money on players yet only one player that we produced is a regular in the team. Something is wrong there. 

Â