Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

City should retire Silva jersey, probably build a statue for him too. City greatest ever player and one of the greatest to play in English football ever 

100% this. 
One of the most enjoyable players to watch that has ever played in this country. 

Edited by choffer
Not the retiring the shirt bit. That’s just for small time clubs.
  • Like 1

Said before my problem with him is my overall enjoyment of football has decreased and I don't really watch that many games as a neutral anymore so haven't actually watched that much of him, I have no interest in City so therefore have no interest in him, or toure, or aguero, or KDB

In the polls that have been going around fabregas is my favourite PL Spaniard by a distance, he played in an arsenal team that I did really enjoy watching 

Silva changed how midfielders were viewed in the Premier League,  before a midfielder was build like a Lampard or Gerrard or Vieira. Athletes who would burst box to box and be physical. Silva was the first to bring a bit of flair for a small guy and has arguably paved the way for this generation of Jack, Maddison and Mount who are more in the technical mould. Before Silva coming they would have rarely got a chance in England

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Silva changed how midfielders were viewed in the Premier League,  before a midfielder was build like a Lampard or Gerrard or Vieira. Athletes who would burst box to box and be physical. Silva was the first to bring a bit of flair for a small guy and has arguably paved the way for this generation of Jack, Maddison and Mount who are more in the technical mould. Before Silva coming they would have rarely got a chance in England

Cesc Fabregas says “remember me?” 

• Like 3

Looks like Garcia will turn down a new deal and go to Barcelona. Something is seriously wrong at City if keep losing youth players like this, if Sancho goes for 100 odd million its going to look one of biggest transfer flops by City 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Garcia says he can't get games, I thought he was doing OK, signing Ake probably the nail in the coffin though

But moving to barca...won't get better for him there 

Apparently City offered him 45k a week to stay, he has made 13 appearances last season. Crazy money 😂

He be ahead of Stones and Otamendi for me. Think Laporte and Ake both left sided as well so he might have got game time unless Pep is copying the Smith tactics 😉

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Apparently City offered him 45k a week to stay, he has made 13 appearances last season. Crazy money 😂

And this is the problem with modern football, the guy is 19, what does he think he should be earning. Credit to city for not offering even more to keep him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

And this is the problem with modern football, the guy is 19, what does he think he should be earning. Credit to city for not offering even more to keep him.

Maybe he actually wants to play regularly.  Possibly Barca made him promises City couldn't match?

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Maybe he actually wants to play regularly.  Possibly Barca made him promises City couldn't match?

Homesickness is about the only reason I could think of, he's from Barcelona, spent 9 years there, returning home which is hard to argue with

In terms of football, wages and management barca can't offer him more than city

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Possibly, but 13 appearances at 19 isn’t too bad, especially for a defender. It seems post lockdown he was one of Peps favoured choices for the cb position so would imagine he’d get even more game time next season

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Possibly, but 13 appearances at 19 isn’t too bad, especially for a defender. It seems post lockdown he was one of Peps favoured choices for the cb position so would imagine he’d get even more game time next season

He's seen them buy Aki for £40m and realised that's pushed him down the queue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been saying it for years and years going back to his time in Germany, Pep is the most over rated football manager I’ve ever seen.

Remember all the BS when he was appointed about how he would revolutionise English football? It was ridiculous at the time and look laughable now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pep has been found out again, one of football biggest con artists. Henry Winter must be crying now that he would revolutionise English football

Tad harsh, some of the football Man City have played has been scintillating. He’s fallen short of the big one, but has won 2 premier league titles and 4 domestic cups in 4 years.

Not the greatest ever, not a con artist either.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tad harsh, some of the football Man City have played has been scintillating. He’s fallen short of the big one, but has won 2 premier league titles and 4 domestic cups in 4 years.

Not the greatest ever, not a con artist either.

In recent years been dumped oyt by Lyon, Monaco and Spurs. Hardly Europes elite

If was Mourinho it would be called shameful 

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I recent years been dumped oyt by Kyin, Monaco and Spurs. Hardly Europes elite

They beat the Spanish champions and most successful team in European cup history a week ago.

Â