Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

47 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If Man City did break the rules, and used illegitimate money to fund their success, imagine the scenes if they were to pick up the Champions League trophy 

Now that would be funny.

City vs PSG final 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City vs PSG final 😂

Honestly really hope that happens and that City win it.

Obviously there are teams I rather see win (Atalanta, Dortmund, Valencia, Lyon and even Bayern) but those teams won't win anyway.

UEFA won't allow that to happen obviously.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

If Man City did break the rules, and used illegitimate money to fund their success, imagine the scenes if they were to pick up the Champions League trophy 

Now that would be funny.

It'll give the proponents of the "Pep isn't actually a very good manager" argument their ammunition anyway!

SILVER LINING 

Man City’s US investors Silver Lake to put £369m straight in to the club coffers to steady ship amid Uefa ban threat

The US investment firm paid that enormous sum for a 10 per cent share in the City Football Group back in November.

And Sunsport has learned ALL that cash has been paid up front and gone straight into CFG coffers – rather than Sheikh Mansour’s pocket.

While it may not be classed as ‘revenue’ on the financial fair play balance sheet, it would help under-pin the whole operation during what could be a turbulent couple of years.

And it would mean all money from sponsorships and player sales could go towards making up the shortfall from missing out on the Champions League.

That is estimated to be around £160 million if the two year ban which was handed down on Friday is upheld.

Yet City’s beancounters are confident there would be no financial meltdown at the Etihad if the worst happens.

And they believe they are already well on their way to making up that blackhole through new deals signed in recent months.

Their new kit agreement with Puma – which began in July – is worth £65 million per year – a sizeable £45 million more than the previous one with Nike.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10989848/man-city-uefa-cash-boost/

The Sun...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Now that would be funny.

I hope they do.
It's all a load of bollocks and the sooner FFP is scrapped the sooner we might actually achieve something.

As it is we will currently spend the next 20 years fighting relegation on a periodic basis.

It's horseshit.

• Like 1

This is pretty pathetic 

<E68-D7071-1029-4-D46-9-E8-D-8-F8575-F149

Even in the picture there’s thousands of empty seats. Makes you wonder why the owners bother to pump hundreds of millions in. They struggle to fill the ground for CL games.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is pretty pathetic 

Even in the picture there’s thousands of empty seats. Makes you wonder why the owners bother to pump hundreds of millions in. They struggle to fill the ground for CL games.

For reasons other than football. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I reckon they'll stay up.

Love that punishment though. 

"So what shall we give them? 50 points? That'll guarantee they go down!"

"nah **** 'em. 105"

As other have said, 35 sounds harsh, which was the initial punishment but they'd have clawed that back. So they hoyed another 35 points x2 on top!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

This is pretty pathetic 

And it’s true, my cousin booked tickets in their new sensory lounge for the Villa game, only match he has ever attended, and he can buy 3 tickets for the final.  I have his city logon and password and can get 3 tickets.

I posted in the Premier League thread about the amount of empty seats at last nights game and the lack of interest.

Interestingly i have searched and searched and cannot find what the official attendance was.

I'm intrigued to see what it was in relation to the capacity of 55k.

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

I posted in the Premier League thread about the amount of empty seats at last nights game and the lack of interest.

Interestingly i have searched and searched and cannot find what the official attendance was.

I'm intrigued to see what it was in relation to the capacity of 55k.

Look at the state of this

A6-F75428-F55-C-4-B07-891-F-EE716370-E71

Regardless of the vastly differing fortunes over the last few years the biggest team in ‘Manchester’ is still ManUre. 

Edited by theboyangel
Acknowledging ManUre are actually in Stretford... for the pedants!

So they have a limited fan base.

If they'd been able to grow a new fan base at the same rate the club has won trophy's everyone would be slating them for their glory hunter fake fans.

Can't win situation as far as fans from other clubs are concerned. Not that they care and why should they. They built that stadium to expand in, obviously not gonna be packed every night.

I'm sure all our 44 million Tanzanian fans have been with us since 1874.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

So they have a limited fan base.

If they'd been able to grow a new fan base at the same rate the club has won trophy's everyone would be slating them for their glory hunter fake fans.

It's actually laughable because they do have these fans, and yet still get shocking attendances on a regular basis.

There's no such thing as limited fan base in modern day football.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's actually laughable because they do have these fans, and yet still get shocking attendances on a regular basis.

There's no such thing as limited fan base in modern day football.

In adjacent areas there is. Game was moved on short notice. Anyone travelling from abroad or even far away in England would have problem getting to that game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

In adjacent areas there is. Game was moved on short notice. Anyone travelling from abroad or even far away in England would have problem getting to that game.

England isn't very big. I've been to work and gone to away games afterwards, it's not difficult if you can be arsed.

Â