Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

5 hours ago, Genie said:

They would if they were on a free transfer.

I don't think so, the big players like De Bruyne, Aguero will but players like Walker, Otamendi, Mendy etc wont get similar deals unless United snap them up 

city restructured their wages a few years back, they might not pay as high as some think especially relative to the likes of PSG and Barca, they only have 3 players over £200k a week and 3 players in the top 10 highest earners

what incentives they get on the side would be interesting

anyway the media are unsurprisingly having a field day, I saw one today claiming that the PL would take last years title off them and give it to Liverpool, that isn't going to happen either, their players wont be released on a free

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

city restructured their wages a few years back, they might not pay as high as some think especially relative to the likes of PSG and Barca, they only have 3 players over £200k a week and 3 players in the top 10 highest earners

what incentives they get on the side would be interesting

anyway the media are unsurprisingly having a field day, I saw one today claiming that the PL would take last years title off them and give it to Liverpool, that isn't going to happen either, their players wont be released on a free

It does seem surprisingly good value for money in terms of contracts.

Spotrac

I don't know if it's 100% accurate, but they're a very good source of info for NFL, baseball, etc contracts.

Don't remember what club it was or the details but wasn't there talk about players or agents being payed money on the side by owners so that it wouldn't affect the club finances?

Or did I dream that up? :D 

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't remember what club it was or the details but wasn't there talk about players or agents being payed money on the side by owners so that it wouldn't affect the club finances?

i don't know how it works in terms of the taxman and benefit in kind etc but there is nothing stopping city's owners buying mansions all over Cheshire and putting the players up, same as they can be sponsored by Ferrari and give them a car each (see also Ashley cole in the MLS getting paid "only" £1,200 a week because he wasn't a designated player) there is also nothing stopping the owner from paying aguero £1m to turn up at his birthday party or to do a private promotional tour of abu dhabi every summer (i think its more PSG that have been accused of that)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

i don't know how it works in terms of the taxman and benefit in kind etc but there is nothing stopping city's owners buying mansions all over Cheshire and putting the players up, same as they can be sponsored by Ferrari and give them a car each (see also Ashley cole in the MLS getting paid "only" £1,200 a week because he wasn't a designated player) there is also nothing stopping the owner from paying aguero £1m to turn up at his birthday party or to do a private promotional tour of abu dhabi every summer (i think its more PSG that have been accused of that)

Yeah PSG seems about right.

I imagine they will be next up when the old money clubs point UEFA in what direction to investigate.

9 hours ago, sne said:

Exactly what Saracens did in Rugby. 

105 point deduction this season! 

Report says that most of the the £67.5m per year sponsorship from Etihad didn’t actually come from them. Could be even more problematic for City as state ownership is banned.

A consultants’ report written for the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi stated that the Abu Dhabi government, not Etihad airlines, was “covering” the sponsorship of Manchester City in 2010, according to a 2015 US aviation industry document.

Uefa’s financial fair play compliance body, the CFCB, banned City from the Champions League for two seasons on Friday and fined the club €30m, having concluded the club was not being truthful in its submissions from 2012-16 that Etihad wholly funded its annual £67.5m sponsorship.

Advertisement
The CFCB investigation and findings followed the publication of internal City emails by the German magazine Der Spiegel in November 2018, which suggested Etihad was not funding the bulk of the sponsorship and that most of the money was being provided by City’s owner, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince’s brother. In one of the emails City’sthen chief financial officer, Jorge Chumillas, had sent two invoices internally for the £67.5m 2015‑16 sponsorship, stating that “£8m should be funded directly by Etihad and £59.5 [sic] by ADUG” – Mansour’s company vehicle.

Could they be made an example of and sent down the leagues?

More on the link

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/17/manchester-city-sponsorship-covered-by-abu-dhabi-government-not-etihad

10 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder if it's at all possible for sheiks to pull the plug. Surely they wouldn't do it?

Is Man City too big to ever become a lesser club now?

they're still a vehicle to grow his other businesses / interests

with that in mind even going to war with UEFA elevates them to a lofty position in football, no such thing as bad publicity and all that, Etihad airlines is about to get a lot of column inches

"man city are in trouble with UEFA over their sponsorship deal with Etihad Airlines, who recently opened new routes to India"

the Ryanair marketing model "europes cheapest airline Ryanair are considering the idea of charging you to use the toilet"

I believe the owners have pumped a shed load into the local area as well as the club.  I hope they win their battle and get the rules changed to allow people with wealth to invest it how they like.  As long as they do not level any debt against the club what is the issue.

Opens the door then for other clubs to compete on a level playing field including us.

On 17/02/2020 at 19:49, Xela said:

Exactly what Saracens did in Rugby. 

105 point deduction this season! 

I reckon they'll stay up.

Love that punishment though. 

"So what shall we give them? 50 points? That'll guarantee they go down!"

"nah **** 'em. 105"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"nah **** 'em. 105"

I think the initial RFU punishment sounded harsh then they realised Saracens could stay up still so changed it swiftly 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

"nah **** 'em. 105"

Guy in the corner: “Make it a thousand”

Everyone: “who let him in?”

• Haha 1

Â