Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Well Australia beat American Samoa 31-0 in the qualifiers for the 2002 World Cup, so Man City need another decent win to match that. 

Ye youre right.

Although i was thinking more at the top of english football. Trying to think back as to whether the Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea sides had similar runs.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Ye youre right.

Although i was thinking more at the top of english football. Trying to think back as to whether the Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea sides had similar runs.

I would wonder too, however 22 of the 28 goals in this run for Manchester City were in the cup. 17 came against Burton and Rotherham. It's hugely impression  but the "top of English football" thing isn't really a thing.  

Edited by The_Rev

On another note another young City player is leaving to Schalke, so much for he was going to revolutionise the game in England and would develop youth players. Dont think one has made the breakthrough since he took over 2.5 seasons ago, he doesnt seem to rate the young lad Foden to start him in league

• Like 1

Both are linked, new business model, develop youngsters to sell at a huge profit to buy other youngsters who are more of a sure fired hit, I think sancho is the only one they will miss but in reality they have sterling and sane, Sancho isn't getting a lot of games, this kid they are selling to schalke even less, sell him, get the money in, the Spanish clubs have done it for years

the player they were "priced out of" was frenkie de Jong, PSG said pretty much the same thing, in reality it's saving face because the player is always picking Barca out of those 3, they've said De Jong is getting £300k a week at Barca at city didn't want to disrupt their wage structure, which to be fair to city is **** mental if true

Phil Foden is just a poster boy for the City Academy. Pep has no intent of giving him meaningful game time. I think recently it was a cup game, they were 4-0 up with 20 minutes to go, he looked at his bench and got Foden ready to come on - pointless excerise.

I'm actually glad the Bundesliga are looking at young english players; they can develop without the media circus here and actually get some competitive football in a good league. I can only hope more and more follow on.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2019 at 10:02, rodders0223 said:

Still can't sellout their stadium.

Always have been the small club in Manchester. I wonder why Abu Dhabi picked them for their "project". It would have made more sense to pick a club with a bigger catchment area and fanbase rather than one that's competing with the biggest club in the world to fill seats. 

51 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Always have been the small club in Manchester. I wonder why Abu Dhabi picked them for their "project". It would have made more sense to pick a club with a bigger catchment area and fanbase rather than one that's competing with the biggest club in the world to fill seats. 

personally im convinced its because the biggest club in the world was across the city, easy marketability piggy backing on Utds global stature, they arent interested in bums on seats, that will come with the tourist fans which takes longer to develop, shirt sales in asia and america though is where the money is, especially seeing as its those regions that they can also grow the etihad brand and bring in some non football cash (underrated part of man citys owners plans, no coincidence in my mind that they have a team in the states and oz too, the brand awareness has increased through association)

Â