Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

From what I've seen on social media it seems to be both, playing their 5 times this season + some weird sense of pride that they don't have a tourist / daytripper following resulting in sell outs, some kind of difference between them and Liverpool and utd

Yeah it’s probably a bit of both. 

Heard a guy on the radio the other day saying he has to prioritise games. Champions league games coming up, already had one final, now they’ve got another final plus league games. I think it’s understandable that some fans have to pick and choose. 

Let’s face it, a Wembley semi final against Brighton isn’t as big a draw for those fans as it would be for 90% of other clubs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Maybe too many visits to Wembley or maybe their fanbase isn't as big as some think...

Man-City-fans-Wembley-1605255.jpg?r=5ca8

9th highest attendance in Europe. Its actually farcical they release these stats when even Stevie Wonder can see its empty most games 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it’s probably a bit of both. 

Heard a guy on the radio the other day saying he has to prioritise games. Champions league games coming up, already had one final, now they’ve got another final plus league games. I think it’s understandable that some fans have to pick and choose. 

Let’s face it, a Wembley semi final against Brighton isn’t as big a draw for those fans as it would be for 90% of other clubs. 

It's almost as if putting the national stadium in the Midlands would have been a good idea! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

shocking for the squads he has managed

I agree with you. The tactics baffled me tonight. Yes that had load of possession but there was no pace in their game. De Bruyne may not be 100% but on his day hes their best player. Should always play in the big games. 

Pep got his tactics and team selection all wrong last night. He has a history of being way too defensive in the first leg of two legged ties. If he was playing spurs in the league there's no way he would have picked that team he sent out last night. 

I really don't think Man City were defensive. Not sure what game I was watching :D

Second half especially they were all over Spurs, they just couldn't create decent chances. Most of the game was spent in the Spurs half.

I’ve always loved watching Peps teams and think his the best coach around but some of his team selections are bizarre at times.

I’m not sure if it was due to injuries but Delph looks out of place in that team wherever he plays, never mind at left back. It was awful defending for their goal.

39 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Pep got his tactics and team selection all wrong last night. He has a history of being way too defensive in the first leg of two legged ties. If he was playing spurs in the league there's no way he would have picked that team he sent out last night. 

He actually has a history of being way too attacking in first legs and getting torn apart. Think Liverpool last season and Barca while he was at Bayern.

Yesterday they were more cautious but hardly defensive. 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if aguero scores the penalty then this conversation isn't happening...

Such fine margins. Similarly if Son is 3 inches further forward then VAR gives it as offside and this conversation still probably isn't happening. Or if Ederson doesn't let it go straight under him.

Â