Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't know much about this Mendy chap but if he is a defender being bought by City and Pep, can I hazard a guess he is utterly useless?

He was fantastic against City in the champions league, maybe that's why Pep bought him. Hes more of attacking fullback that defender though

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Monaco must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

Sold players for £164 m so far this summer.

Still expected to lose Fabinho, Lemar and possibly M'bappé as well.

So that's another potential £250-300 m...

Will take a while to rebuild thou.

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm hoping BT pull out leaving nobody to bid against sky for the rights.

TV revenue comes right down, maybe Sky subscription will come down too.

That's all well and good but the overseas rights have gone through the roof in last 5 years hence why Scudamore has started up the take PL games abroad BS again.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Annual spending on defence:

USA £820bn

Cuba £700m

Man City £200m

Bosnia £180m

Congo £135m

Ssshhhh, they are helping the UK keep to its 2% of GDP commitment! 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Rarely if ever have I been quite so desperate to see a club and manager fail.

I disliked Liverpool and Man Utd at their peaks immensely but that pales into insignificance compared to the my dislike for these lot.

They embody everything I hate about today's game all neatly wrapped in one club, the insufferable arse that is Guardiola being the big bow on top.

I would absolutely love them to have another failed season.

Me too, time will tell. I'd love them to fall back and finish outside of the top 3.

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Winning the league is the minimum they should achieve and given the money spent they should really be making the CL final too and possibly winning a domestic cup.

I used to hate them when they first got their wealthy owners and we were in their league but now I couldn't care less. All the big clubs are spending money like its going out of fashion anyway. success has to be winning the title or champions league

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think they will be closer this year. Barcelona will be in transition, Bayern have an ageing squad and Juve probably the same really

It's hard to know. I think they'll start well but then Guardiola will start playing strange formations and players out of position. The pressure will be on him in a way he's never had before. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's hard to know. I think they'll start well but then Guardiola will start playing strange formations and players out of position. The pressure will be on him in a way he's never had before. 

I'm sure the British written press are circling, waiting for the opportunity to tear him to shreds.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2017 at 20:13, TrentVilla said:

Rarely if ever have I been quite so desperate to see a club and manager fail.

I disliked Liverpool and Man Utd at their peaks immensely but that pales into insignificance compared to the my dislike for these lot.

They embody everything I hate about today's game all neatly wrapped in one club, the insufferable arse that is Guardiola being the big bow on top.

Came from nothing

Bought success

Switched managers constantly

Throwing more money attempting success

'Big club' (quote: Sky)

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

And they thrashed Real Madrid yesterday so I'm expecting big things from them this seaosn

was a friendly and 1-0 when Real took off their team playing a bunch of kids for last half hour

Â