Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Pep :

“In my situation at a big club: I’m sacked. I’m out. Sure. Definitely,”

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

Things not to say : 101.

If I was managing a big club I would have been sacked by now, admits Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola (clickety linkings for full article)

Pep Guardiola has claimed that if he was managing a “big club” this season then he would already have lost his job, as his Manchester City side attempt to cling onto their spot in the top four of the Premier League with two matches remaining.

Guardiola won the league title in both of his debut campaigns at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, and his near-flawless managerial record meant that City were widely considered one of the favourites to win the Premier League this season, when the Spaniard agreed to succeed Manuel Pellegrini in Manchester.

But City have suffered from an inconsistent campaign and struggled to keep up with the pace set by league winners Chelsea and runners-up Tottenham Hotspur. Guardiola’s side could yet finish third, although a failure to win both of their remaining matches could also see them fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 2010.

And, speaking ahead of a crucial home match against West Brom, Guardiola has admitted that his shortcomings this season would likely have seen him sacked were he managing a bigger club than Manchester City.

“In my situation at a big club: I’m sacked. I’m out. Sure. Definitely,” he said when asked if he felt his job was under pressure after a season of relative underachievement.

i personally thought it was a bit clever, he's in bullshit bingo would be called managing expectations whilst at the same time reminding everyone of his pedigree

on talksport this morning (i tuned in for the news and then swtiched off honest...) they were unhappy that he said man city werent a big club like bayern and barca, well im sorry but thats the reality, id be interested to know what the reaction is on blue moon with the fanbase that constantly claims to be firmly grounded

said many pages back for all the money they've spent and the big names that have rocked up there their trophy haul since the takeover is nothing special, 8 seasons so a possible 38 trophies (i think with the CL) they've only won 6, chelsea have 10, utd 12, arsenal 4

whether or not city are a "big team" when he leaves will be the test of him

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i personally thought it was a bit clever, he's in bullshit bingo would be called managing expectations whilst at the same time reminding everyone of his pedigree

on talksport this morning (i tuned in for the news and then swtiched off honest...) they were unhappy that he said man city werent a big club like bayern and barca, well im sorry but thats the reality, id be interested to know what the reaction is on blue moon with the fanbase that constantly claims to be firmly grounded

said many pages back for all the money they've spent and the big names that have rocked up there their trophy haul since the takeover is nothing special, 8 seasons so a possible 38 trophies (i think with the CL) they've only won 6, chelsea have 10, utd 12, arsenal 4

whether or not city are a "big team" when he leaves will be the test of him

Blue Moon has been realistic.  Obviously there are some in the how dare you camp, but the majority are saying he's right.  Even though the choice of words lacked nuance :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

Blue Moon has been realistic.  Obviously there are some in the how dare you camp, but the majority are saying he's right.  Even though the choice of words lacked nuance :)

They've taken that pretty well.  I imagine there'd be uproar on here if the same was said :D 

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They've taken that pretty well.  I imagine there'd be uproar on here if the same was said :D 

Quite right, because we actually are a big club ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Will. They. Never. Learn?

Essentially they bought a 29 year old Nolito for £13.8m (+100K a week wages) and then have to give him away for free* after one season. Whoever is in charge of transfers at that club should have been sacked a long time ago. Aitor "Txiki" Begiristain ?

*Any fee will be offset by subsidising his wages. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's doing quite the job at City, hilarious. 

He'll still spend the GNP of a small country in the summer.  If nothing else it'll be entertaining to watch this summer's transfer window between all the top clubs.  Particularly if their cross-city neighbours lift a European trophy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Essentially they bought a 29 year old Nolito for £13.8m (+100K a week wages) and then have to give him away for free* after one season. Whoever is in charge of transfers at that club should have been sacked a long time ago. Aitor "Txiki" Begiristain ?

*Any fee will be offset by subsidising his wages. 

It is quite staggering, I guess they can file him next to Bony, Mangala, Nasri and Joe Hart on next year's wage bill. I think there will be a few more to add to that list, if Pep is still running things. He won't be the last player Pep just dropped like a stone for no reason. I forget he even existed to be honest, and it doesn't appear he has been injured.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Joe Hart

Still cant believe they shipped him out, always thought he was a great GK despite the fact i always have a negative bias against English Players

44 minutes ago, zak said:

Still cant believe they shipped him out, always thought he was a great GK despite the fact i always have a negative bias against English Players

Solid keeper, not a worldie but better than Bravo for sure.

I hope Pep gets another season to show him up even move now that cheat mode has been partially disabled.

"Hart made a few mistakes, especially when coming out for the ball,” said Cairo. “He is an important goalkeeper. We probably didn’t expect so many mistakes from an England international… but he did some good things, too.”

couple a games I saw and he was beaten by weak shots. he has no left hand and shots go through it easily

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/torino-president-surprised-joe-hart-10418905

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I like Pablo Zabaleta, seems like a genuine guy who loved City. Reminds me of players like Mellberg for us, a foreign lad who took the club to heart and fans responded

Didn't cost them earth either (around £5.5m iirc) especially considering some of the stupid amounts they've wasted on tripe defenders. 

He's been a great servant and a solid performer over his tenure. 

I imagine kyle walker to be his replacement and then quickly lose all form and ability under the weight of his wages and expectation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

couple a games I saw and he was beaten by weak shots. he has no left hand and shots go through it easily

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/torino-president-surprised-joe-hart-10418905

He played very well for Torino up to about February but has made loads of mistakes since.

Not helped by Mihaljovic playing all out attack and practically parking the defence on the halfway line so good teams just stroll through them like Napoli did at the weekend. Hart hasn't covered himself in glory defending corners though.

That said put Bravo in the Torino team and he'd be conceding 5-6 a game given how useless he is at actually saving any shots that are hit at him.

23 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Didn't cost them earth either (around £5.5m iirc) especially considering some of the stupid amounts they've wasted on tripe defenders. 

He's been a great servant and a solid performer over his tenure. 

I imagine kyle walker to be his replacement and then quickly lose all form and ability under the weight of his wages and expectation. 

Zabaleta's going to West Ham isn't he? Can see the incredulity from Sullivan and Gold in a November 2017 tweet now wondering why a player about 3 years past his peak and on 150k at West Ham isn't doing much for them as they hover around 16th. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â