Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

13 hours ago, villa89 said:

FFP doesn't seem to be a concern for them (or PSG). 

Not sure how FFP impacts PSG, but Man City will get something like £150m just for being in the Premier League this season.  They could probably spend about £300m and be absolutely fine.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm hoping BT pull out leaving nobody to bid against sky for the rights.

TV revenue comes right down, maybe Sky subscription will come down too.

Sky lost the Champions League and then put the prices up.

Sky will never ever lower prices. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm hoping BT pull out leaving nobody to bid against sky for the rights.

TV revenue comes right down, maybe Sky subscription will come down too.

No chance. It is central to BT's business model and drive to become the number 1 provider of multiple services to our homes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No chance. It is central to BT's business model and drive to become the number 1 provider of multiple services to our homes.

Between Sky and BT they are murdering the game. Talk of Ozil holding out for £400k a week the other day as he goes into the latter part of his contract... I dare say that is slightly exaggerated but still, it'll be stupid money.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Between Sky and BT they are murdering the game. Talk of Ozil holding out for £400k a week the other day as he goes into the latter part of his contract... I dare say that is slightly exaggerated but still, it'll be stupid money.

And I already thought you were Wenger from your previous post, this confirms it!

The game is gone, killed by its own popularity it isn't going to reset.

• Like 1

The second that "record TV deal" is announced the agents go in for improved contracts and hoover all this money up, and more. 

Clubs end up poorer and more likely to go bust. 

If the TV revenue was going the other way I could see agents taking smaller pay packets in return for longer deals which would significantly help the clubs. 

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes, it's a key 'loss leader' for them. Interestingly, BT have always spent insane amount on advertising, one of the very biggest advertisers in the UK in terms of spend, according to Nielsen they've spent over £800m on above and below the line advertising since 2012, and given Nielsen's measurement issues around things like digital and direct mail, that figure would almost surely be underestimating the true spend. 

Kind of makes sense for them to have their own Sports Channel(s) since then they can directly sell some of their own TV ad space. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought they have come down recently

Not quite, rather than get all the channels for £27.50 you can get 1 channel for £18, 2 for £22, 3 for £26 or all for... £27.50.

• Like 1

Pep could finally sort out his great defensive naivety by doing what he does best. spend money

granted a friendly but looked hopeless vs United defensively like nothing has changes

Â