Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been agreed they can add 14500 extra seats at the Eithad. Extra income to add to the FFP rules. Must be exciting having such developments going on year after year.

yes ,means Manchester have the two biggest club grounds in the country. Seems wrong to me when Birmingham is a bigger city.

• Like 1

Birmingham may be the bigger city but that doesn't really have anything to do with it. In terms of football, Birmingham as a city is way down the list. London, Manchester, Liverpool and possibly Newcastle are all ahead of Birmingham in footballing terms. The amount of people who I meet in Brum aren't into football is high. Whether we like it or not, Birmingham is not a football mad city and therefore it is not wrong that Manchester has bigger and better stadiums.

we have more teams within the city and far far more within a sensible driving distance away, i think lose as many fans up the M6 as we do to blues and baggies, man city wont help those figures

then of course we have what IMO is the most obvious answer but is hardly ever discussed, the crowd at VP is hardly representative of the ethnicity of the city, 20% of brum is asian, id guess <5% of the crowd is asian, if villa could somehow get the local asian community interested in the club then we'd be much bigger than we are

we have more teams within the city and far far more within a sensible driving distance away, i think lose as many fans up the M6 as we do to blues and baggies, man city wont help those figures

then of course we have what IMO is the most obvious answer but is hardly ever discussed, the crowd at VP is hardly representative of the ethnicity of the city, 20% of brum is asian, id guess <5% of the crowd is asian, if villa could somehow get the local asian community interested in the club then we'd be much bigger than we are

I'm not sure about that. First define sensible driving distance away. Secondly in that north west area you have the 2 Manchester clubs, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Oldham, Stockport, Preston, Crewe, Macclesfield, Blackpool, Burnley and Accrington Stanley. And I've not even mentioned Tranmere, Everton and Liverpool which are only 29 miles down the M62.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

It's a good point.

The school I went to had lots of asian pupils. I'd guess my year was approaching 50% asian.

I'm racking my brain but I can't remember a single one of them being a villa fan.

One of my best mates from university is an Asian villa fan, I think he might be the only one I know personally.

• Like 1

My missus is a teacher/phase leader at a 100% muslim school in small heath and she's doing her bit to convert the kids.

She contacted AVFC and they send someone in from Villa Vitality to do fitness and healthy eating stuff with them.

One of the nippers gave her three Aston Villa match attack cards for her birthday yesterday! :)

True.

Inner-city Birmingham is red.

The only way Asians will support Villa or Blues is if we become better than Man U and Liverpool.

The worst thing is that it is entrenched and gets passed onto the next generation.

Liverpool have not lost their Asian fanbase in Birmingham despite not winning the league for 20+ years.

Just been agreed they can add 14500 extra seats at the Eithad. Extra income to add to the FFP rules. Must be exciting having such developments going on year after year.

Wow! They're actually trying to add income in a fair and just way for a change rather than come up with any old shite to flount the rules.

I read that they've set up a women's team as a seperate company, and this so-called team pay millions to use the infrastructure and image/brand of Manchester City.

If the panel who review these deals have any balls then they'd pull them up on that alone; regardless of the more obvious ways they're trying to fiddle the system.

That ground expansion (alongside Spurs' and Liverpool's ones if they ever get off the ground) cements the fact that we are being left a long way behind.

Sadly yes. And with West Ham getting a free stadium as well. At best it is relative decline at Villa. The whole club needs a big kick up the arse.

Wow! They're actually trying to add income in a fair and just way for a change rather than come up with any old shite to flount the rules.

I read that they've set up a women's team as a seperate company, and this so-called team pay millions to use the infrastructure and image/brand of Manchester City.

If the panel who review these deals have any balls then they'd pull them up on that alone; regardless of the more obvious ways they're trying to fiddle the system.

I don't understand what's "fair." It's fair for arsenal to be self sustaining by gouging their fans with absurd ticket prices, but unfair for cities owner to choose to not do that and actually use his own money to find the team?

Who cares, watching man city is like watching escape to victory, fiction. A club made from one mans dream and a whole countries wealth, history will not be kind. UTV

A club with a stadium to rival Old Trafford eventually, with world class players and title races due each season, constant Champions League football due.

This is no longer a flash in the pan by a rich Oil man. These boys are going to be big, their expansion is being run immaculately.

Who cares? ME.

Edited by islingtonclaret
  • Like 1

Â