Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

We did…

we were regularly qualifying for Europe, nobody gave a flying **** about Man City… we had a squad of England internationals…

Then they started cheating…

We had one actual season playing in Europe as the premliminary rounds dont really count

The first season City got into the Champions League we were in relegation battle

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

On the contrary, City caused Lerner to pull the plug.

Had a sovereign nation not bankrolled them, we would have felt like we could still compete in the transfer market.

It was their cheating and blowing everyone out of the water that caused Lerner to pack it up.

Its all sliding doors and if-buts-and-maybes… but the key thing that caused our downfall was their takeover and cheating and buying our players…

if any other club had done it, I would have hated them, but they didn’t, it was City… **** em

or...Lerner and MON had spent the previous 2 years effectively royally **** us because up until that point they could, didnt we have the highest revenue to wage ratio in the league when the rules came in to play?

and dont forget we had a children's charity on the front of our shirt rather than whoring ourselves out to tractor engine partners

regardless of city and what they were doing FFP was the death of us - whether or not you blame city for FFP is something different, personally i dont, i blame utd

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think that mattered even more than Man City tbh. 

Yup. A million variables, and even if Man City was a small part of the equation, the downfall of Villa was caused by Villa, not 3rd parties. 

On 21/11/2023 at 12:31, KentVillan said:

this is insane

It's not surprising. Tribalism in football leads people to do and write strange things. Of course it's easy to assume it's just keyboard warrior stuff but it can (and does) get out of hand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Late autumn 2024? 
I think the lesson here is if you’re gonna cheat do it on an industrial scale so that evidence gathering takes years and years.

And have a high powered team of expensive lawyers ready to delay as much as possible. 

Multiple relegations would be a perfect opportunity for a lot of their fans to shed their plastic status and cosplay as die hards. Except by the time they come back to the PL, they'd be irrelevant and they're stuck supporting Manchester City.

I've said it before but I genuinely believe if the full truth came out this would be the biggest stain in premier league history. 

For the knock on effect they've had on other clubs, they should be stripped of titles and relegated. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've said it before but I genuinely believe if the full truth came out this would be the biggest stain in premier league history. 

For the knock on effect they've had on other clubs, they should be stripped of titles and relegated. 

Because they're scared of the rep the league will get, that's why they'll be leniant in what they request as punishment.

All football is corrupt and I think it's very naive to believe otherwise. The irony is that Italy gets the baddest rep for being corrupt... because they're the only one that is open about punishing clubs that do wrong. Absolutely no way the PL or La Liga would ever relegate their biggest club. Never in a million years. But for the want of punishing wrong doers, it gives Serie A a horrendous reputation. A reputation the PL doesn't want.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

As mentioned in the Saudi thread. This goes above the PL. It's international affairs and the British government is no doubt under pressure that Abu Dhabi will pull funds if the PL doesn't play ball. Just like when Saudi was allowed to take over Newcastle. The PL is no doubt fully aware that they look like a joke league but what are they going to do? Big money always win.

• Like 1

Â