Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah they don't need to go full Chelsea and buy 15 new players. They "need" 2 or 3 good ones and then they are fine. A bit similar while obviously totally different to us.

They don't need anything.  They won a treble at a canter last season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They don't need anything.  They won a treble at a canter last season.

Yeah but they are getting rid of a bunch of players. Gundogan is gone and sounds like Mahrez, Cancelo, Laporte, Walker maybe Philips and some of the kids on loan might be off. Some of those will need to be replaced.

Thing is their players have already proved they're arsehole mercenaries who are largely only interested in £££ by going there in the first place so Saudi offering them three time as much again are bound to turn heads, especially when you've won nearly everything for years it's boring.

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Thing is their players have already proved they're arsehole mercenaries who are largely only interested in £££ by going there in the first place so Saudi offering them three time as much again are bound to turn heads, especially when you've won nearly everything for years it's boring.

Whilst I’m sure City pay top dollar, as a club they are offering the best of everything. Best coaches, best teammates, best facilities, best chance of winning trophies.

It’s not quite the same as going to a shit hole like Saudi Arabia just to make the bank balance swell.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Not sure about that, they've had success because they've bought highly driven individuals rather than big name mercenaries.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not sure about that, they've had success because they've bought highly driven individuals rather than big name mercenaries.

But there's many like Grealish who went for yes success but also money. Saudi can offer way more of that. No that Jack would go there's no booze

14 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

But there's many like Grealish who went for yes success but also money. Saudi can offer way more of that. No that Jack would go there's no booze

So you think grealish went for the money rather than because he could play CL and win the treble?

The money comes with the territory

I don't think there's anyone there solely for the money, the whole mercenary thing is just a way of knocking them because let's face it none of us like them

I'm not really a huge fan of Pep but I must say he is defo one of the most influential managers of all time. The shear  amount of clubs who seemingly want to replicate his success by effectively copying him by hiring one of his lackeys is just proof alone. 

I mean how how long till Arsenal and Arteta start copying his newish 3-2-4-1 formation? and this is Arsenal one of the bigger clubs. 

On 19/07/2023 at 01:00, VillaJ100 said:

There's absolutely stacks of it. High end alcohol is not a problem to get fir wealthy people in the middle East and Saudi is no different in that regard.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2023 at 21:52, rjw63 said:

Now they sell a goalkeeper for nearly £20 million who's never played a game in the top flight.

Plus they have a buy back clause and match highest offer clause. Just another hyped up loan deal where they get a load of money now and can then get the player back on the cheap if he turns out to be good enough for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Name a bigger word-removed hypocrite than Pep

In December, City will participate in the Club World Cup hosted by Saudi Arabia, where they will be expected to play two matches. “I think the new season is already pre-season,” Guardiola said. “You finish the season, recover two weeks and [have a] pre-season? Why? We didn’t lose anything.”

Boo bloody hoo.

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They're adding the best young CB in Europe to the best defence in the league, it doesn't get any easier.

In theory but every time I have seen Gvardiol he has a mistake in him

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Name a bigger word-removed hypocrite than Pep

In December, City will participate in the Club World Cup hosted by Saudi Arabia, where they will be expected to play two matches. “I think the new season is already pre-season,” Guardiola said. “You finish the season, recover two weeks and [have a] pre-season? Why? We didn’t lose anything.”

Boo bloody hoo.

Pep is a piece of shit like Klopp

Then again he is a drug cheat so his resume should be deleted like Lance Armstrong

Â