Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think this has come out now as a warning to Chelsea and Newcastle not to keep going with the creative accounting to bypass the rules? Seems to me that the PL knew all of this about City for a long time, why didn't they do anything sooner?

All these charges built up over four years of findings. I cannot see how they can ethically fight these charges.

Surely the Premier League are running with this to make an example; the league should be fair and they have taken advantage.

A Chief Executive of an unnamed club last night suggested this would be concluded by the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

All these charges built up over four years of findings. I cannot see how they can ethically fight these charges.

Surely the Premier League are running with this to make an example; the league should be fair and they have taken advantage.

A Chief Executive of an unnamed club last night suggested this would be concluded by the end of the season.

115 charges and a failure to cooperate further gives the suggestion these charges would be much larger if we bracketed more recent events. This is a long time coming and long overdue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Put them in the 3rd division,  50% of their gate goes to the away teams until they get back in the Prem so the compensation goes to the poorest teams first and that will be a lot of money for them.

That's a tad unfair, seeming there'll be more fans in the away end than in the home end every game.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

If the Premier League didn’t want to punish Man City they wouldn’t have bothered investigated them and then told us all they have been cheating for years. 

I don't think anyone is debating that they won't be punished if found guilty. I think we all know they will be, there's no other way around that.

The question is the extent of the punishment. I really fail to see the Premier League dishing a punishment out that's more extensive than a hefty fine and maybe a (largely irrelevant) points deduction. I'm obviously completely speculating and not clued up on this type of thing at all. 

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

Not just a Tory Britain problem. Plenty of greed and corruption when Blair and Brown were running things and very unlikely to change under Starmer. It's a Labour council that recently let Sheikh Mansour buy up acres of public land in Manchester for seemingly a fraction of its worth.

It's a problem that can be solved, but we've never had politicians or legislators with the willingness and gumption to plan and effectively implement any kind of solution.

Tory Alert! 😉

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

I still think the correct course of action would be to wipe them from the history of the game, ancient Egypt style, just delete every reference to them. All those associated with them should never own or operate a club again, and if the fans want a club they start a phoenix in non-league.

FC City of Manchester 🤣

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think anyone is debating that they won't be punished if found guilty. I think we all know they will be, there's no other way around that.

The question is the extent of the punishment. I really fail to see the Premier League dishing a punishment out that's more extensive than a hefty fine and maybe a (largely irrelevant) points deduction. I'm obviously completely speculating and not clued up on this type of thing at all. 

Ye and the points deduction wont be proportionate to the number of points they amass. I.e. they take 6 to 10 points off those relegation threatened championship clubs each season. I bet they dont take 20 to 25 off man city.

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Stop crediting Samagoal for the League Cup win.  That game against City is scrubbed.

We won the cup when we beat Leicester.  Honour the true hero...

Aston Villa open to Trezeguet sale after Philippe Coutinho arrival

Probably my favourite moment as a Villa fan in recent years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

Does it include selling your ground to your owners to minimize loss's as we did ..

No the Villa are of course exempt from any dubious stuff......we are ok its everyone else 🤣

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

To be fair, lots and lots and lots of posters over the previous 15 pages have asserted that nothing at all will be done. Ironically the next poster also did so:

44 minutes ago, Thug said:

Some lawyers and officials are about to get very very rich, and the Man City wheels will keep turning.

That’s about the only outcome that is likely.

Everything else is just fantasy

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Â