Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

To be honest the only fitting punishment is the wipe their sorry carcass from the history of the game, carpet bomb the 'Etihad' stadium, bulldoze the rubble and leave it as a place of quiet reflection of the mockery of the game they made it.

But they won't do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the government oversight- it’s the same government that supplies the UAE and Saudis with Weapons that are then dropped on Yemen. 

Nothing will happen except a £100million fine and a transfer window ban. Nothing will happen because of Saud. 

• Like 1

The musings that this might be a prem league effort to neuter any effort at regulation from government by demonstrating how effective they are at that oh so good for business self-regulation.... are interesting.

19 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I hope that this is the beginning of the end of the whole charade of financial fiddling by certain clubs and the whole flimsy house of cards that is the premier league comes crashing down.

Be great if Man city is to be 1.....barred from transfers for 5 years, 2...relegated as per rangers to league 2 and 3....I dont know .....their stadium blown up and an industrial waste processing site built on the remains perhaps.

We all knew they were cheaters, and now they have been found out, for the integrity of football, the book should be thrown at them and be made an example of....

What will happen though 10k fine .....slap on wrist....

Yeah like Barcelona's punishments, which lasted about a year. Now they are 8 points clear of La Liga and all of that unpleasantness is quickly forgotten. Too big to fail.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Are you all just afraid to get your hopes up? Because from what I've seen, it actually seems likely that they're going to pay a devastating and deserved price.

Be prepared to be disappointed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

When money is involved at this elite level, nobody is going to mess with that and everybody involved gets too much cash from the status quo so nobody is going to risk that.  Just life unfortunately!

With respect I'm inclined to take the view of the likes of Nick Harris - as much as we all get so tired and cynical with age

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

With respect I'm inclined to take the view of the likes of Nick Harris - as much as we all get so tired and cynical with age

With all respect to Nick Harris, I’ll believe it when I see it.  If you go to his next tweet on this thread he notes sanctions, and I’ll be surprised if it’s any more than a big fine and a couple window transfer ban, which if found guilty will likely be it.  Do you really think that’s going to impact City much?  It’s punishment without real punishment.  No way will they strip titles or a serious points deduction that has a real impact.  The PL aren’t going to cut their nose off to spite their face…Man City are one of their cash cows.  I’m surprised anybody thinks anything else.

Â