Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/04/2022 at 07:53, Tomaszk said:

City like to chuck BS around about "the old days" to try and pretend they're still the same club instead of a sportswashing vehicle.

Standby for loads of total garbage about his dad (<50 games in three seasons) being a City stalwart and this league killing move being a romantic tale.

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

It blows my mind that they spent £100 million on Grealish and less than a year later their best 11 might not include him

For all of Jack’s immense talents on the pitch, his price tag for sports washing off of it, is priceless. Even if he only starts a handful of games. 

27 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Funny that.

As he is signing for Citeh, I hope he is in a freak yachting accident…

Like… REALLY freak…

Not even at sea…

Just out and about, shopping in Manchester and a big fuckoff yacht lands on him…

Cool.

Some of us like football 

Haaland in the Premier League will be interesting to watch. I just wish it wasn't for City. If they do end up signing Haaland which seems like a done deal at this point then the Premier League is wrapped up for the foreseeable future. I don't think Liverpool will have enough to even keep up. Going to be a boring few years. 

Edited by PieFacE

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Haaland in the Premier League will be interesting to watch. I just wish it wasn't for City. If they do end up signing Haaland which seems like a done deal at this point then the Premier League is wrapped up for the foreseeable future. I don't think Liverpool will have enough to even keep up. Going to be a boring few years. 

Very its going to be like utd in the 90s. Just so shit. Title race will be over by january

Haaland takes time to settle and only scores 12 goals in his first season. Everyone calls him over-rated. Gets injured his second season. Villa buy him for £15m in the third and reignite his career, winning the Champions League in his 4th season.

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Haaland takes time to settle and only scores 12 goals in his first season. Everyone calls him over-rated. Gets injured his second season. Villa buy him for £15m in the third and reignite his career, winning the Champions League in his 4th season.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Standby for loads of total garbage about his dad (<50 games in three seasons) being a City stalwart and this league killing move being a romantic tale.

Be interesting how Sky spin this when they will have Roy Keane sitting in the studio 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Funny that.

As he is signing for Citeh, I hope he is in a freak yachting accident…

Like… REALLY freak…

Not even at sea…

Just out and about, shopping in Manchester and a big fuckoff yacht lands on him…

Could always get Roy Keane out of retirement and bill it as 'Haaland 2 Unfinished business' 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great that means the title is decided for the next 5 years then.

Footballs getting very lame

49 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Let's not pretend it isn't this way already.  Liverpool will still be a good challenge, but Man City (assuming they do win the title this season) are about to have won 4 out of the last 5 Premier League titles.

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Its all a bit anti football really though is it not

Only as much as it's always been anti football for the best teams to sign the best players.

Real Madrid fielding a team of Carlos, Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Raul, Ronaldo etc was obscene. but it was exciting to watch.

Haaland is one of the hottest prospects in the world and I don't watch him play that much. I'm excited to see him in the Premier League, regardless of who signs him

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Let's not pretend it isn't this way already.  Liverpool will still be a good challenge, but Man City (assuming they do win the title this season) are about to have won 4 out of the last 5 Premier League titles.

Yeah although liverpool have made it interesting this year. The gap is going to ge even wider next year when they have haaland. Its going to be ridiculously difficult to beat city next year

Â