Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaya Toure has claimed* he'd be the considered one of the best midfielders in the world if he wasn't African. My question is, is he not considered one of the best?

I don't know whether I'd say he's the best midfielder in the world, but he's certainly the best in his role, the box to box type engine in midfield. I can't think of many other players that are better in midfield, maybe players like Hazard, Xavi, Iniesta? But that's not really fair comparisons as they are completely different players. I just don't get where this claim is coming from, is he not considered one of the best by the pros?

Maybe he doesn't get talked about as much as players like Hazard or Ronaldo - not quite a midfielder, but he also claimed he'd be considered one of the best players too, again, isn't he? - but that's because he doesn't do the flashy stuff that often, he's not the sort of player to get 30+ goals or go on mazy runs where he beats 5-6 players. Remember when he scored about 5 free kicks at the start of the season? Pundits where raving about him then.

Seriously, does the footballing world not consider Yaya Toure as one of, if not the, best midfielder in the world at the minute?

*Well, he agreed with Nasri's comments on the subject.

When Toure is on song he's an absolute monster. Unfortunately too many games seem to pass him by. He's either brilliant or ineffective. If he could be more consistent he'd be one of the best in the world. Being African has nothing to do with it and it's a stupid argument on his part tbh.

• Like 2

The stupid thing is most football fans would regard Toure as one of the best midfielders in the world right now. Don't know where he got this chip on his shoulder from.

There are very few things in this world that are worse than racism. Practically nothing in fact. But that said, shouting "racism" when it's not deserved is evil and it's wrong. There is a clear and serious issue that football, and we as society, need to address, but this kind of shit just serves to make people angry. Whatever background they come from.

The stupid thing is most football fans would regard Toure as one of the best midfielders in the world right now. Don't know where he got this chip on his shoulder from.

There are very few things in this world that are worse than racism. Practically nothing in fact. But that said, shouting "racism" when it's not deserved is evil and it's wrong. There is a clear and serious issue that football, and we as society, need to address, but this kind of shit just serves to make people angry. Whatever background they come from.

Agreed. It's similar to Paul Ince saying he doesn't get opportunities as a manager because of his colour. When infact it has more to do with that he has been rubbish in every manager job he has had.

_60538290_jex_1419035_de28-1.jpg

its probably for the same reason Pele is not considered one of the best players in the history.... Oh, wait a minute...

Ha ha silly, that's not Pele!!   :wave:

;)

Don't.... know.... if.... sarcastic.... :)

Â