Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its fair to say hes gonna need to hit the ground running here.
I hope he can hit the ground running - very fast, because it's looking like he will be pelted with rotten eggs as soon as he takes the field.

"Boo, go home you Eredivisie-winning, goal creator and scorer for the Australian national side. We don't want your scum at the mighty Villa." :winkold:

:crylaugh:

Ha ha, TRO, you may just have raised the the :confused: :confused: point in my earlier post

Arguments I particularly like are:

He looks crap on Youtube :confused:

He won't be any good because people said Bradley would be good and he wasn't :confused: :confused:

An Ajax fan says he isn't much good :confused: :confused: :confused:

Congrats to romavillan and VillaAlex who just watched him actually play a game and saw he was quite good in very difficult circumstances.

FFS at least let's give him a chance to put on a C&B shirt before writing him off.

didn't see your post brin... but hey ho same thoughts.

I don't get the fuss?

Seems alright to me, experienced, decent statistics and a good work rate. Oh, free as well and unlikely to be breaking the bank on wages.

On the negative side despite being foreign his name is a little too English. Here's hoping he has a dutch accent.

On the negative side despite being foreign his name is a little too English. Here's hoping he has a dutch accent.

According to Bosnich he does!

As for why people are complaining, I think it's more the fact that signing him is an indication that McLeish is sticking around and that it looks like the end of the hope that QIA are going to take us over, but I'm with you, we should give the guy a chance.

Did he score against Serbia in the 2010 world cup. :?:
Yes.

He also scored one against Ghana - luckier.

That fist pump after scoring against Serbia is absolutely pathetic...

And the rebound off the Ghana keeper, nowhere near as composed and stylish as Wiemann's...

Complete embarassment. Shocking signing. What is AMc thinking?

:winkold:

Did he score against Serbia in the 2010 world cup. :?:
Yes.

He also scored one against Ghana - luckier.

That fist pump after scoring against Serbia is absolutely pathetic...

And the rebound off the Ghana keeper, nowhere near as composed and stylish as Wiemann's...

Complete embarassment. Shocking signing. What is AMc thinking?

:winkold:

As long as they end up in the net who cares how composed he is :clap:

• 2 weeks later...