What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I played a bit of WoW but I wasn't putting anywhere near the amount of time into it as most players were so I was constantly getting my ass handed to me. I could have switched to a PvE server I suppose but my friends were on a PvP. I just don't put enough time into games in order to enjoy MMOs really.

Currently playing San Andreas myself as well and im also watching Californication at the min and both have got me wondering which game comes closest to capturing the feel of Californication?

I suppose SA comes closest due to location but I'd love a game that has that location, the millionaire/playboy feeling you get from TDU2 and maybe some elements of Saints Row 3 thrown in as well.

Dunno, any other suggestions? I'm hoping GTA 5 comes close to capturing that Hank Moody dream.

I've hit a bit of a brick wall in Tera. I was really enjoying it, yetit is starting to become a bit of a grind.

Still loving the combat and the graphics, yet everything else is pretty generic. I'm annoyed by the fact that there aren't currently battlegrounds, as I like to enter them to break up the grind.

I will probably stick around though and split my time between this and D3. I'm looking forward to playing the battlegrounds when they do eventually arrive, plus I want to sample the endgame political system.

It's not new, but I completed Bastion today. Great little indie game with lovely presentation and a very clever and well performed narrative voiceover, which responds dynamically to your in-game actions and progress. Gameplay is what I'd describe as arcade-action-RPG, from an isometric perspective.

pqhQ1l.jpg

It's a fun little ride, completable in a day or two but also replayable. The story/world is fairly compelling, mostly thanks to the great narration and music, especially the catchy, emotional vocal pieces. If you haven't tried it have a look on XBLA and Steam, although you just missed a 60% off sale on the latter - well worth the €6 I got it for.

Bastion was good, but got a little dull for me.

As far as XBLA games go, it's one of the best, but I prefer Shadow Complex. That's a great game.

Enjoying TERA at the moment. There's no denying it contains many of the tried and tested (i.e done to death) elements of a classic MMO. However, it's nice to see the standard template has been altered to a certain extent with the combat. It's easily the high point of the game and makes the usual 'tab key target, hit 1, hit 2 repeat and rinse' format look ridiculously archaic.

It's also the best looking MMO I've ever played by a long shot.

terasmaller.jpg

Just finished The Walking Dead part 1. Rather enjoyed it.

Same here, more of the comic than the TV show.

Is it just me or is Clementine, totally Newt from Aliens?

Just did this too. Was okay. Quite easy and simple really.

Just playing the Uncharted Trilogy.

Actually think 2 is the best although 3 gives it a run for it's money.

Spot on 2 is definitely my favourite. 3 has it's moments, but felt really short and the bit in the desert was as annoying as hell.

The bit in Uncharted 2 that really sticks in my mind is when you're in the ice caves and there's this fantastically composed shot from up high which completely takes you by surprise.

I started playing Alan Wake on PC. It's appeared on GOG.com for the equivalent of $15 and Steam also has a half-off sale.

Really surprised by how great it looks, especially for a 2 year old console port. The combat is a little unwieldy and the lack of mid-episode save points is irritating, but it's got quite good atmosphere and the way it's broken up into episodes is a slick bit of presentation. Also I'm a big fan of a lot of the stuff they are clearly paying homage to, like David Lynch and Twin Peaks, Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness, James Herbert's The Dark and so forth.

I've heard some people say they failed to finish it because they put it down one day and then just neglected to ever return to it, so I'll have to wait and see if it commands my attention.

PSN+ has thrown these 'free' games at me this month;

Hamster Ball (**** brilliant)

Smash Cars (good fun)

Max Payne PS2 (missed it first time around, seems ok. Also first game I've played on the PS3 PS2 'emu' - it runs fantastically well)

Sky Fighters (pretty boring)

Wakeboarding HD (not played)

Mahjong Tales (not played)

Magic Orbz (not played)

I just can't resist downloading them and giving them a go when I see that FREE logo...it's a wonder my HDD isn't full, I have over 50 PSN games now, none of which are Mini's, and not including PS1 re-issues :|

Got swallowed by a giant monster in Tales of Graces f. The game makes continual, unrelenting jokes about having to escape out of the giant monsters butthole. So juvenile, but I found it hilarious. **** love this game :D

Now I reached the point of "ARGH! Just **** off!" with the regular tracks, I'm spending a lot of time downloading the user-created stuff on Trials Evo. There is some great, great stuff on there (and some that's just beyond cruel). Somebody's even recreated Takeshi's Castle in Trials form (complete with High Rollers, Stepping Stones, pretty much everything except for the Honeycomb Maze) and it's **** brilliant. There's an Alien themed one that actually made me jump. I had a quick dive into the creation modes and I had no clue what was going on, but kudos to the developers because the potential lifespan of the game is just massive as a result. I have this constant need to keep coming back and checking what people are making.

Picked up Max Payne 3 earlier today. As soon as I can pry myself from Diablo III I'll give it a go.

Anyone else played it yet?

Played it for a few hours earlier, enjoying it immensely, its got a completely different feel to it from the other two games, I mean in terms of atmosphere and story. Its not as dark as the other two but its very gritty.

Plays great once you get used to the controls, aiming is a bit fiddly to begin with and the controls are a bit cumbersome but give it half an hour and you get into the groove.

It looks fantastic, imo its the best looking game so far this generation, it has a certain look about it which just makes it look and feel just right. Plays quite smoothly as well, very weighty feel to it.

Difficulty can spike at times and it may get repetitive for some but if you have played the previous titles you know what to expect.

Great game thus far :thumb:

Â