What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I can answer this. I got so bored the other day I started a new game of ....

Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas on the PS2 :nod: :cool:

:cheers:

Might go back and Play GTA San Andreas as it's the only GTA game I haven't played to the end.

We can pretend it's 10 years ago :D

So,

went to the gym this morning. Remembered for some reason whilst I was there that I hadn't started playing this again. I've got **** all to do today so i thought I'd have a good session on San Andreas and get back into it.

Popped it in, but find the PS3 isn't backwards compatible!

Never knew that, I always thought you could play your PS2 games on a PS3.

So, conclusion is, I don't get to play it again :(

I just got done playing through Max Payne 1 & 2. After seeing the preview vids I was tempted into preordering, so I wanted to catch up on the franchise after having played no more than a few minutes back when MP1 first came out. They both hold up really well, I was surprised. MP2 in particular has a nice physics engine, great level design, nice animations and not-embarrassing-at-all face modelling. The bullet time is, of course, fun as shit.

Now I'm salivating all the more for MP3.

Finished Mass Effect 3 a couple of days ago and I was supposed to finish Skyrim or start Deus Ex: Human Revolution but instead it's been all about Trials Evolution. That game is so freaking competitive and addictive, not to mention infuriating. Yesterday must have spent the best part of 45 minutes on a single track. I was constantly restarting because I didn't get the start section just right. Absolutely brilliant game, so quick and easy to get into and so much fun.

So,

went to the gym this morning. Remembered for some reason whilst I was there that I hadn't started playing this again. I've got **** all to do today so i thought I'd have a good session on San Andreas and get back into it.

Only the old style 60gb is backwards compatible with the PS2 in the UK.

Tbh that's somewhat of a blessing, most PS2 games look absolutely hideous when run through a PS3.

At the mo I'm playing a few different titles.

Trials Evo is great and as infuriating as ever.

Fez's star has wained for me but I'm still occasionally plugging away it.

I'm still churning away at Forza's achievements (and the game is still superb)

And I'm trying to get better at SF x T.

And I decided to blast my way through 007: Bloodstone, which is totally average punctuated by extremely crap old school chase sequences.

I've also got Dragon Age Origins to get onto but I'm still slightly daunted by it.

So,

Only the old style 60gb is backwards compatible with the PS2 in the UK.

Tbh that's somewhat of a blessing, most PS2 games look absolutely hideous when run through a PS3.

Yeah I googled it and found that out.

I'd just always thought PS2 games worked.

Don't really care what the game looks like to be honest.

I'll just have to dig out my old PS2 to play it instead.

Fez

Still playing through for the first time, eager to get to the NG+. Despite that, its a nice, relaxing and enjoyable game just collecting cubes.

Legend of Grimrock

Wonderful dungeon crawler. A bit of an indie darling and a great game to stick on to kill half an hour or so but engrossing enough to be still sat there 2 hours later. Brilliant atmosphere and a bargain for the price. Highly recommended.

Tribes Ascend

Yup, still playing this.

Trials Evolution

Surprised I haven't played more of this having only sat down to it once. The games above are responsible for that.

Legend of Grimrock

Wonderful dungeon crawler. A bit of an indie darling and a great game to stick on to kill half an hour or so but engrossing enough to be still sat there 2 hours later. Brilliant atmosphere and a bargain for the price. Highly recommended.

Tempted by that as from what I have read it looks like an updated version of Dungeon Master on the old ST, and that was one of my favourite games ever.

Legend of Grimrock

Tempted by that as from what I have read it looks like an updated version of Dungeon Master on the old ST, and that was one of my favourite games ever.

You should pick it up, I think you'll love it. If you do, grab it from the devs site (you get some neat goodies, a DRM free standalone version and a steam key to register on steam)

http://www.grimrock.net

(also, its pretty)

oN5gul.jpg s9h3hl.jpg

Trials Evo is fantastic.

It also gets as infuriatingly difficult as it's predecessor... but theres something incredibly addictive about it as well, it becomes second nature to jab the Back button the moment you go even slightly wrong and start again.

I've reached just about the limit of my abilities as far as getting Golds goes on it... but it taunts me to keep trying.

Trials Evo is 1200 MS points I think, I can't remember the exact prices, I think 2000 MS Points is £17 but I could be wrong.

Anyway, it's incredibly addictive and very good. It also, however, will drive you absolutely insane. I just spent the best part of 2 hours doing a level called Castle Crash. I eventually did it all in one go but there are certain parts of that level that the devil himself designed, I'm sure of it. It's also even more infuriating since you can see your Xbox LIVE friend's gamertags floating above your head representing their best runs of the course. I'm consistently quicker for the first 3/4 of the track than all of my friends, but one of them must have had an insane amount of luck because right at the end he speeds past me out of nowhere to cross the line before me. I'm never playing that track again now that I have a gold medal on it!

Anybody else picked up The Witcher 2? I'm interested to hear what people think about it since I'm very tempted to buy it this week, despite having plenty of games I really should be playing.

1200 points is £9.99. It's one of the best £9.99's you'd be able to spend on Live.

I was really, really keen on the Witcher 2 but losing my job means it's gonna have to wait. Heard almost no negatives on it, and looks incredible (if not quite as incredible as it's PC original, obviously). Supposedly quite difficult though.

Â