What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Currently doing Lego Batman 2 with our lass. Love the Lego games as they're so much fun to play 2 player.

I'm also half way through the following:

• Max Payne 3
    Darksiders
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Skyrim
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Uncharted 3

As you can tell I have a real problem finishing games. I seem to get to around the 2/3 mark then my eyes begin to wander to my next game.

I absolutely loved those 3 games, get them finished! :D

Currently doing Lego Batman 2 with our lass. Love the Lego games as they're so much fun to play 2 player.

• Max Payne 3
    Darksiders
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Skyrim
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Uncharted 3

As you can tell I have a real problem finishing games. I seem to get to around the 2/3 mark then my eyes begin to wander to my next game.

I really do need to finish Arkham Asylum as i've had Arkham City sitting there for a month unopened.

Doing uncharted 3 in 3D so tend to play a couple of chapters at a time only.

• Max Payne 3
    Darksiders
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Skyrim
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Uncharted 3

I really do need to finish Arkham Asylum as i've had Arkham City sitting there for a month unopened.

Yeah, if you have Arkham City then even more reason to get Asylum finished.

Wow, I bet Uncharted 3 in 3D is pretty special? Have you played the previous 2 installments before this one?

• Max Payne 3
    Darksiders
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Skyrim
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Uncharted 3

Yeah, if you have Arkham City then even more reason to get Asylum finished.

Wow, I bet Uncharted 3 in 3D is pretty special? Have you played the previous 2 installments before this one?

Yeah Uncharted was my first ever PS3 game and have done Uncharted 2 twice.

Without exaggerating Uncharted3 is by far the best thing I've experienced in 3D since I got my TV. The burning building scene is unreal. The biggest problem with 3D games is that after about an hour you feel like your eyes are gonna melt :lol:

Just been readin some of the comments on Arkham City. I have just finished the main story but will defo try the version with no warning sign but full on gear. But one question, is it worth getting the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC????

It depends how much you love the game really. I'd say Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC gives you around 2-3 hours gameplay with a mix of combat and predator events with some light exploration regarding the balloon collectables (I say light because Amusement Mile is the only accessable area of the map) but there's no riddles or Riddler Trophies to collect.

You not only get to play as Batman, but as Robin for a large chunk of it too. As Robin you get some new toys to play with gadget-wise which are useful in combat and predator events, but they make quite good use of them during the time spent sneaking around too.

I'm a huge fan of both Batman and the Arkham series of games so I may be biased, but I think the DLC is well worth getting and playing as Robin is pretty cool too.

I originally played Fallout New Vegas on PS3, and because I enjoyed the first play through so much I decided to purchase the game again, this time on PC with all the DLC in one pack.

I'm only a couple of hours in so far and it certainly hasn't lost any of it's quality. In fact, it looks about a thousand times better on PC (no real surprise) and so a second play through with a different build, consciously making different decisions AND having the DLC to get through should be a great experience.

Also really enjoying Limbo and Braid at the moment - indietastic!

uncharted 3

i dont think its as good as 2 yet but still amazing, for some reason ive found myself doing far more hand to hand combat and im loving the interactive scenary, the bar fight at the start was great, the fire didnt really do it for me though

with some saying RDR is their favourite game of this gen its a timely reminder that the uncharted series has been mine, its a shame they are a bit linear in places and the gunplay isnt 100% IMO but the quality of them is head and shoulders above 95% of everything else

Got the Devil May Cry HD remakes for PS3 and just working through DMC3 first with it being the prequel and all that. Enjoying it much more than I remember but it's bloody hard. Looking forward to DMC1 next though as it's the best one by far.

I'm enjoying Dragon's Dogma, probably more than I thought I would. Taking it for what it is, it's solid and absolutely bursting with fantastic, inventive ideas; in fact i'd probably say the combat is almost revolutionary at times. Coming across a huge, furious cyclops on the road at night is something so epic to experience, it's immensely gripping and great fun.

The pawn community is also a really nice addition, although you can ruin the game for yourself by recruiting high level pawns to do most of your work, it's a nice aspect to the game, which adds to its depth. Lot's of positives really; I love the fact virtually every quest takes you on an epic adventure, you must prepare for each quest, it will take you 1-2-3 hours to complete just one, you can't fast track around - you will get stuck in the dead of night, worrying about bumping into a huge **** off griffin, that'll side track you and take twenty minutes to take down. I'm enjoying the pace of it all.

All that said, it's not without its issues, which a lot of reviewers picked up on. The Ps3 frame-rate is at times pretty annoying. I'm not usually someone who lets the odd frame drop bother me at all, but at certain points the game can freeze for the odd second or two. It's also quite easy; at first it seemed devilshly hard, but that really only lasts an hour or two and as soon as your pawns get skills and you suit and boot yourself, you just sail through. Of course, you can make things harder for yourself by not upgrading equipment, not having a full group etc - but you're sort of missing out on the whole experience. The graphics are strange at times too, they range from the extraordinary to the extremely ropey and at times lazy, but again, nothing major to be bothered about.

All in all though, I think it's great. Pretty surprised by so much 'meh' reviews, the game at least tries something different, combat is extremely solid and that's all that really matters for this game. Like many have said though, the game has phenomenal potential, if they learn from mistakes, iron out the errors and build on it. Hope they do.

uncharted 3

with some saying RDR is their favourite game of this gen its a timely reminder that the uncharted series has been mine, its a shame they are a bit linear in places and the gunplay isnt 100% IMO but the quality of them is head and shoulders above 95% of everything else

A bit linear in places? The whole game is linear!

But that's not a bad thing at all, in fact it allows for a much better paced story and that's probably the best feature of the Uncharted games, along with great characters, a brilliant voice cast, nice graphics and a fun mix of combat, platforming and puzzle-solving gameplay.

I think people are too quick to judge linearity in a game as a bad thing. As long as it's done well then it only serves the experience as a whole. Linear games generally have some of the best stories. The only drawback with this kind of game is replay value for me but as long as the game is a decent length and the experience is memorable then I don't mind so much. The Uncharted games are some of my favourites this generation.

I've been playing Metro 2033. Scariest game I have ever played... not so much because of the monsters, but the atmosphere and the need to conserve ammo. Just finished it, but thinking about playing through it for a 2nd time with a stealthy approach to get the alternate ending. I love the Russian post-apocalyptic games, so I'm excited they are making a second game, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVREJyyZWA. The Stalker series is still my favorite, but Metro comes very close.

Just downloaded and started Hitman: Blood Money

Fantastic game and still looks decent 6 years on. Just need to finally get past that damned mardi gras level! Grrrr.

Â