What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I don't particularly hate QTEs in the right setting, at the right moment. But building a whole **** game around them is not gravy baby. For a minute I thought I was playing parapa the rapper, which I loved....in 1997.

I guess I don't see the need for the 'game' to be built the way it was and I really don't see the need for the high praise. It frustrates me, because I know I'm right. It's gash.

I liked the original Prototype but found it very brown, and a bit unwieldy at times. I'd hope they'd have sorted that out a bit, as it had all the ingredients for a fun **** about simulator ;)

From the 30 minutes or so I've played so far, it's basically the original turned up to 11 with slightly more intuitive controls and better textures.

I'm going to give it a good few hours tonight so I'll probably have a better handle on it then.

Do you need to pre-purchase the game to get the Beta?

Yeah. Although right now, there's not much opportunity to play as the login server is getting battered.

Sion, I'm on the server Fissure of Woe btw.

Killzone 2.

Gorgeous game. Dumb as **** but once you get used to the mechanics its great fun. I'm wondering how much the difficulty ramps up because I'm finding myself dying a fair bit for my skill level, even on normal. Wouldn't fancy the challenge on hard.

Just completed Visari square and about halfway through the mission after which apparently puts me about a third of the way through. It's grown on me.

The Witcher 2 and Trials Evolution. Trials is great just to pop on for 15 minutes (although I normally end up staying for an hour because it's so damn addictive) and The Witcher 2 is shaping up quite nicely too although I'm not too far into it just yet. It looks nice and the combat system is quite fun, but it does get a little tricky and fiddly with all of the stuff you can do combat-wise. I'm sure once you get used to it though the game is even more enjoyable.

The combat system isn't as fun as Demon's/Dark Souls' system however. I'm not sure if that can be beaten for me though, love it.

Killzone 2.

Gorgeous game. Dumb as **** but once you get used to the mechanics its great fun. I'm wondering how much the difficulty ramps up because I'm finding myself dying a fair bit for my skill level, even on normal. Wouldn't fancy the challenge on hard.

Just completed Visari square and about halfway through the mission after which apparently puts me about a third of the way through. It's grown on me.

Terrific game, gets a bit of stick but I loved it, KZ3 is even better and one of a couple of games that is taken to the next level when the move controllers are used. Not to mention its one of the most gorgeous games around.

Is that the one where you have to do the Rocksteady track without moving your rider to shift his weight back and forth?

I did that the other day finally. It took me the best part of four hours over the space of three days. It was driving me absolutely insane. Five times I got to the final jump only to mess it up and crash right before the finish line. Infuriating as hell but feels great when you finally do it. It was quite fun to work out how to do all the separate parts of the track, just annoying knowing you can do it but not necessarily all in one go.

I'm trying to do a perfect run of Gigatrack at the moment.

Â