What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

CD Projekt have announced their going to make an adaptation of the tabletop RPG 'Cyberpunk'. I have no idea what it is, but it sounds cooooooooooool

CD Projeckt have a reputations for looking after their customers - Witcher 2's post release content was provided for free to players after it's original PC release, and some of it was pretty hefty updates and additions to the game.

Their new release, Cyberpunk... is well... cyberpunk. Think William Gibson's Sprawl trilogy. High tech nearfuture settings, with a grotty underworld belly and so on. From what I know of the Witcher, it should suit them well as a setting for a new IP.

Just started playing Uncharted 2 after picking up a bargain on the bay, not convinced ATM but will give it some more time.

Just gone back to TDU2 for a blast on the new bikes and dlc. Such a shame to know this game never reached its full potential. Needed a bigger budget and more support. Such an underrated gem.

Hopefully Forza Horizon will make a better go of it.

Still playing the hell out of Max Payne 3 despite completing it once already. I find the gunplay addictive as hell, although the cutscenes really slow up any attempt to replay it.

When I'm not in the mood I tootle around in LA Noire, which came free with the MP3 preorder. Very flawed game, particularly in interviews, but I enjoy it and like what they were aiming to create. Playing it in B&W for the atmos, since I recently also went on a film noir binge of about a dozen films from the 40's-50's. Many of those films are advertised outside cinemas in the game, incidentally, which was a nice little easter egg.

I'm playing through the New Game + mode of Arkham City. I got the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC but it inspired me to play through NG+ using the Batman Beyond skin.

I would go as far as to say Arkham Asylum and City are potentially my top two favourite games ever. It's the Batman that you never get to see in the films, but I understand why that is.

I also love the fact that Rocksteady are a British studio too. I would give my left testicle to work for them. Hopefully they'll have some news at some point this year for their next Batman game. Can't frigging wait.

I've tried out Warmhamer 40000, its not too bad. Is it basically very similar to Gears of War? I've never played any of those, but it seems kind of similar from what I can gather. Space Marines, monsters, pretty basic gorey gameplay, etc.

A few people made the comparison to Gears when it came out but having played it myself I think the resemblance is slim. A lot of people called it Gears without the knee high walls, but Gears is pretty much defined by it's use of a cover system, Space Marine is defined by it's demand of using the hack and slash gameplay. 40k forces you to use melee combat, making it the easiest way to regain health. They're not really similar at all.

Started a NG+ of Arkham City myself this afternoon. I'm rusty with the combat but even so, it's noticeably more of a challenge straight away, it's hard to predict just how much those counter warnings come to be relied on - I was getting battered to begin with!

Great game still. So much fun.

I finished my run through of Arkham City on NG+ this evening after the football. It's such an amazing game, I absolutely love it. I'm a bit of a collector too so I really enjoy getting all the riddler trophies, riddles, cctv cameras, Joker balloons and everything else too. It's so cool gliding around the city collecting stuff and then breaking it up with some stealthy takedowns or some brilliant melee combat brawling. I absolutely love the fight system, it flows so well.

It took me some time to get used to the lack of the counter warnings too, but by the end of it it just becomes second nature. There were some really hard scraps I had though. I hate the bastards with shields and especially hate the electric baton guys.

Had a great time though. I'm on a bit of a Batman high at the moment though. I'm reading through some of the old comics, notably Knightfall (the one with Bane) since I've never read it before. No doubt it'll be good preparation for The Dark Knight Rises, not that it'll be anywhere near the same story probably.

Steam are currently doing all three of the excellent Mount and Blade games for £7.49 (instead of £29.99)

Well worth it.

Myself & Sie picked up Warband in a sale a couple of years ago. The multiplayer has to be seen to be believed. Its an absolute cluster **** and you will have had your fill after a couple of hours, but a 120+ player deathmatch is an amazing concept. Seeing a dude jump off the highest tower of a castle while on horseback is always funny too. :lol:

having played and conquered as almost every faction on Rome total war i have finally moved onto Medieval total war 2. not bad so far but the pope is really pissing me off. i just want to attack france :(

Â