What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Just downloaded and started Hitman: Blood Money

Fantastic game and still looks decent 6 years on. Just need to finally get past that damned mardi gras level! Grrrr.

Played through that again myself the other week in anticipation of the new one in December. Picked it up from Steam for £5.99.

Still a fantastic game, great fun trying out the different ways to finish the mission. Graphics are still pretty decent when scaled at 1920x1080 too.

I don't know what it is, but I haven't enjoyed any of the Uncharted series.

I played a fair bit of the second one on my mates PS3. Didn't like it either. Very pretty but nothing else for me.

This weekend I started a new game on Final Fantasy VII. I've been saying I was going to play it again for a while but always ended up playing something else. I'm only a few hours in and I've just done the hilarious cross-dressing part.

I'm also breaking that up with Chime Super Deluxe, a PSN puzzle game in the same vein as Tetris, Columns, Lumines, that sort of thing. Each level has a music track (usually chill-out/electronica type music) and you basically arrange different shaped blocks to try and cover the grid. As you cover more of the grid, the music track gradually starts to build with more parts. It's a good game to play if you just want a quick play on something.

Just downloaded and started Hitman: Blood Money

Fantastic game and still looks decent 6 years on. Just need to finally get past that damned mardi gras level! Grrrr.

Played that game so much over the years, and I'm sure there are still a few ways to assassinate people that I haven't found. Great game, can't wait for Absolution.

I got about 4 hours in to metro and got screwed by an auto save, I ran out of oxygen and died about 7 seconds after it loaded, wasn't impressed

Same happened to me about 18 hours in to fall out new Vegas, I drowned seconds after the autosave, really wasn't impressed with that one

Tales of Graces f just hit me with an incredible cheap shot.

Having just completed what I thought was the final dungeon, but wasnt, I got access to transport that allows me to move freely over the world map. You can 'scan' as you move the cursor around to find new locations. So I was doing that, and found one. Went down there, and encountered a weak looking enemy. It's almost dead, when it explodes in magnificent style. In fact, at first I thought that that was it, I'd beat it. Noooo sir. It exploded and caused an incredible amount of damage to my whole team, wiping them out. I was greeted by the game over screen.

Now usually you'll have 3 options there, in Tales of Graces f. Retry, Load Save, and Retutn to Title Screen. This time Retry was missing.

I hadn't saved since just before the sequence of 3 pretty hard bosses at the bottom of what I thought was the final dungeon.

:bang:

**** wankstain. So tonight I have to beat those 3 pretty tough bosses all over again, and avoid that little word removed exploding enemy thing. :angry: Ohhh but I'll get him, mark my words...

I've been playing Metro 2033. Scariest game I have ever played... not so much because of the monsters, but the atmosphere and the need to conserve ammo. Just finished it, but thinking about playing through it for a 2nd time with a stealthy approach to get the alternate ending. I love the Russian post-apocalyptic games, so I'm excited they are making a second game, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVREJyyZWA. The Stalker series is still my favorite, but Metro comes very close.

I've had this sitting for a while. I Got it as part of a pack with Darksiders (which is amazing). How would you compare it to other FPS games. I'm not a big fan of them unless the story is top notch. Only one I've enjoyed has been Resistance Fall Of Man.

To stay 'on topic' I'm playing The Amazing Spider Man, Batman Arkham Asylum and Fahrenheit (having picked it up on xbox for £4).

I've been playing Metro 2033. Scariest game I have ever played... not so much because of the monsters, but the atmosphere and the need to conserve ammo. Just finished it, but thinking about playing through it for a 2nd time with a stealthy approach to get the alternate ending. I love the Russian post-apocalyptic games, so I'm excited they are making a second game, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVREJyyZWA. The Stalker series is still my favorite, but Metro comes very close.

I've had this sitting for a while. I Got it as part of a pack with Darksiders (which is amazing). How would you compare it to other FPS games. I'm not a big fan of them unless the story is top notch. Only one I've enjoyed has been Resistance Fall Of Man.

To stay 'on topic' I'm playing The Amazing Spider Man, Batman Arkham Asylum and Fahrenheit (having picked it up on xbox for £4).

I much preferred Arkham Asylum to Arkham City, both top games though. As is Fahrenheight, although the last third of the game nearly derails the whole thing.

Currently playing Lego Batman 2. Simply superb. Arkham city mixed with gta but in Lego (obviously).

Currently playing Lego Batman 2. Simply superb. Arkham city mixed with gta but in Lego (obviously).

100%ed this the other day. tons of fun. much, much better than the first Lego Batman game.

Had Fahrenheit twice before and never completed it so hopefully this time I will.

Just waiting for Lego Lord Of The Rings now. Been hoping TT would make it since the first film was released.

Interesting, isn't the spider-man game out tomorrow? Do you work for Game or Gamestation and get it early?

I much preferred Arkham Asylum to Arkham City, both top games though. As is Fahrenheight, although the last third of the game nearly derails the whole thing.

To be fair, I've only played the demo of Lego Batman 2 but it wasn't anything like the Arkham games aside from that it's Batman of course.

I get bored easily with the lego games. It just seems like essentially you spam the attack button and try to smash up every destructable item to collect the gold and silver lego coin things. They don't really do much for me. As I said, I only played the demo though.

On topic: still on FF7.

Interesting, isn't the spider-man game out tomorrow? Do you work for Game or Gamestation and get it early?

Erm... yeah I erm... got it off a man down the pub officer erm... gotta go my mums calling for me :oops:

Got FF7 on my list of stuff to buy on the PSN. What platform you playing it on? How does it hold up graphic wise?

To be fair, I've only played the demo of Lego Batman 2 but it wasn't anything like the Arkham games aside from that it's Batman of course.

I get bored easily with the lego games. It just seems like essentially you spam the attack button and try to smash up every destructable item to collect the gold and silver lego coin things. They don't really do much for me. As I said, I only played the demo though.

On topic: still on FF7.

I can see why you think that but for me it's more about puzzle solving than combat and just the silly funny things that happen plus hundreds of little nods, touches and Easter eggs all over the ace.

This ones got an open city to explore like Arkham city/gta and more vehicle based gameplay plus voices for the first time I believe.

This ones got an open city to explore like Arkham city/gta and more vehicle based gameplay plus voices for the first time I believe.

WHAT?? Voices?! They've ruined it.

WHAT?? Voices?! They've ruined it.

Apparently the kids kept asking 'Why don't they talk?' whereas as adults like the mimed stuff, so considering kids are who they're selling to they put them in. It works - it lets them do more of a straight forward narrative, and they still have a lot of the knowing jokes and nods to things that you expect.

I've had a crack at the demo and while it is just Lego again theres a few little differences. It seems like they#ve named it quite well - it appears to have every major DC hero you can name and few obscure ones, particularly villains.

I will ask my little brother (10) to see what he thinks about them talking in this one. I played the first couple of Star Wars ones, the first Batman, and the first Harry Potter one, and then he's got the other Harry Potter one, and the Pirates one too. Oh and another Star Wars one, Clone War. They are all practically the same, but the subtles changes they've made from game to game has seen them improve just enough to keep interest in them I think. The co-op is really great though, well, if you are able to play the game with a kid anyway :D Cos that way you always get more studs :D :D

There is a really curious following behind the Lego games actually - I always thought they were for kids only (to the point that when parents came into Gamestation and asked me 'Whats good for kids?' my first question was 'Do they like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones or Batman?' before grabbing the Lego game of that franchise - and they usually bought it. And then came back and bought another. And another.), but then I started noticing loads of people, adults, bought them for themselves. And my workmates also recommended them to me.

I suspect I'll have to play one properly, although the little I have played with the stud collecting and knowing my need to do collectible hunts in games will mean I'll spend the entire time destroying everything in every room.

I absolutely loved the Star Wars (Original AND Complete Saga ones) and Indiana Jones ones. Never played the Potter ones and I never really got into the Batman ones (Even though I love Batman).

Â