What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

I always heard it was a great game and I like the art design of it all, but the micromanagement focus it seems to have puts me off a little.

I played and finished the second - ropey as **** with many corners cut but I think I'd feel more comfortable with the gameplay that had than what I suspect the first has.

Mass Effect 3 which I'm really enjoying both solo campaign and the multiplayer. After that it's a toss up between going back to Skyrim or playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'd say I'm about half way through Skyrim, and I only did the first couple of missions of Deus Ex but I'm just going to start over on that.

At some point I'll have to start Borderlands. I've had it for a while but there's always been other games I've preferred playing.

That Tales of Graces F looks really good too, I haven't played a really good JRPG for a long time so I look forward to reading some reviews on that. It's either that or I get Xenoblade Chronicles but that's on the Wii and I don't have it set up.

I also (still) have Resonance of Fate to play on the PS3.

I picked it up cheap ages ago as I'd heard it was along the same lines as the Final Fantasy games, but a little more involved on the combat side.

Anyone else played it?

All joking aside, if the 360 version is as good as the PC version (I haven't read up on it), you'll be in for a treat. One of the best and most challenging RPG's I've played.

I never played the PC version for some reason, despite hearing and seeing rave reviews. Looking forward to playing it though. I've heard the difficulty curve is odd as it goes from hard to easy, as opposed to the other way. Any truth to that?

I never played the PC version for some reason, despite hearing and seeing rave reviews. Looking forward to playing it though. I've heard the difficulty curve is odd as it goes from hard to easy, as opposed to the other way. Any truth to that?

It's difficult to begin with as there is literally no hand holding, and some of the early mobs can be very testing, sometimes frustratingly so.

However, once you get into the swing of things and figure out the combat system (it's much more fluid that it first appears to be) you will start to progress much more quickly.

I wouldn't say the difficulty went to 'easy' after a while, more that it ramps up a lot during the beginning stages, almost vertically :) but then levels out to a more consistent difficulty.

All the above is of course based on the PC version. They may have changed the 360 version somewhat.

Of course, you'll be an old hand at Witcher 2 as you're already on to 3. :wink:

Is The Witcher 2 a direct sequel to The Witcher? I haven't played the first game so I'm wondering if I won't have a clue what's going on if I jump right into the second one.

I Am Alive looked interesting but I haven't heard much positivity about it, until the stuff you just typed that is jon_c.

Is The Witcher 2 a direct sequel to The Witcher? I haven't played the first game so I'm wondering if I won't have a clue what's going on if I jump right into the second one..
The Witcher 2 generated way more fuss and interest than the first game, so there's no way that all the people enjoying it are doing so with the benefit of knowing the first one's story. In that sense, I guess it must be self-contained and enjoyable in its own right as the devs have claimed.

Still, I played the first one and I still get lost with the references sometimes :P Also, on PC if you have a save file from the first game, some minor - really very minor - things are altered based on your choices.

The way CDprojekt write, they tend to pull a character name out of the air and act like you've always known them, which works on the whole since Geralt is rediscovering bits of his past along with the player. In most cases when you hear something you've never heard before, you'll be no worse off than a player of the first game. However, big characters like Zoltan, Triss, Dandelion and Foltest plus a few others all feature heavily in the first game.

If you're not playing on console and you have a chance to check out TW1, I'd recommend it. I think I preferred it to TW2 on the whole, just something about the atmos and pacing that was better. Combat is very different though - click-and-wait style/timing-based, rather than twitch-based action-packed combat from the TW2.

Mortal Kombat at the moment. Loving it, but by Christ is it cheap as **** in places.

top game

wnate dto get streetfighter vs tekken but unsure if will be any better than MK

Guile > Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter x Tekken is fun, but it's the kind of thing where to get the most out of it you really, really need to be good at it and be able to handle yourself online or have a bunch of mates who are decent and up for regular games.

Overall, MK is the better game. SFxT is basically Street Fighter with some craziness added in and a bit more of a straight tactical edge - you have to be really aware of your meters and constantly be switching out characters.

Then you've got the DLC issues with it which are a bit galling...

Is The Witcher 2 a direct sequel to The Witcher? I haven't played the first game so I'm wondering if I won't have a clue what's going on if I jump right into the second one.

I havent played the first and im loving the second so far. The prologue breaks you in nicely so it feels like Witcher 2 is a standalone game actually, doesnt feel like a sequel if you know what i mean

Â