What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Playing the PS4 release of Resident Evil 4. Still great, despite some now awkward controls. Having not played this in a while my brain keeps trying to rotate the camera 360' with the right stick in order to look around, which results in me getting killed when I forget that it doesn't actually work like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Just starting Assassins Creed 2. Picked up the Ezio Collection Xmas in the sales so figured it's about time to fire it up.

One of my favourite collections, alongside Mass Effect 1-3 and Dragon Age.

On 3/6/2018 at 14:42, Rob182 said:

I'm finding it hard to get hooked on a game in recent months. The last game I really got into was Skyrim, and that was on the PS3 so probably a good few years ago.

I sunk about 20-25 hours into Farcry Primal last year, but again, I'm struggling to get hooked on these open world games. I think it's because there's actually too much to do!

If you loved Skyrim, then you should play Witcher 3. 

It is open world, but you can stick to just the main core of the game and ignore the 100 other things.   Though even the side quests fit into the story well, so it doesn't feel like they are just there to bulk up the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing bits of several games recently;

My main go to in between it all has been "Ring of Elysium" which is basically "PUBG" if it was made by a competent development house, I mean I get better hit detection and less desync playing "Ring of Elysium" on its Asian servers (Asia only release) than I do playing "PUBG" on the EU servers which isn't a good look for "PUBG".

When I'm not playing "Ring of Elysium", I have been playing "Fortnite BR" as it's just a phenomenally well built video game that adds new content and toys to play with on a weekly basis.  

"Escape From Tarkov" just got a massive update which added a new area on the map and dozens of new weapons, items and armour to loot. I would likely be putting my time exclusively into "EFT" if the desync issues were better. There are times where you can have a 20ms ping to the server, but still get upwards of 2 - 5 seconds of desync which is terrible in a game where dying can mean losing so much of your hard earned gear. Hopefully they fix the desync in the coming weeks as I would love to play "EFT" for longer than an hour at a time without getting frustrated. 

Finally I have been playing the odd match in "Halo Online" for PC when I get the spare time which is always good fun.

So yeah bits of several games, I just can't find the interest to play something that isn't an online competitive shooter right now. 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I went to get the new Halo Online thing for PC but it looks like Microsoft have shut it down from what I've read? 

Microsoft have merely attempted to stop the spread of the 1.106708 ms23 game files that the ElDewrito/Halo Online Mod requires to edit. Microsoft's main issue though is while the ElDewrito team can no longer give people the 1.106708 ms23 game files on the Halo Online Reddit those files are still merely a Google search away. So the game is still up and running for those that have it installed, or can get it installed, but it has gotten a little more time consuming to install than it was just a couple days ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Skyrim, AC2 and I think I'm burnt out on Madden so gonna shelve that for a while.

Might start Chapter 2 of Life is Strange and carry on post game Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

Lumbering my way through State of Decay 2 which is fun, but for a game with zombies the only thing scary about it is the fact it released with more bugs than a standard Bethesda title. This game is that buggy that every few minutes or so something will glitch, or some bug will occur. Now most of the bugs are innocuous, but there are a few that are more frustrating solely because they require you to quit out and load back in to fix. One of them is the camera detaching from the player model, while another is certain survivors holed up in a tall building will repeatedly jump off the roof until they die. Aside from that though the game is decent, it's free with Game Pass on Xbox One and Windows Store, or it's £29.99 if you wanna buy it. 

Finished a play through of Halo CE on the MCC last night. Still a great epic game but **** me I’d forgotten how bogged down it got towards the end after the flood were released. Started Halo 2 now, haven’t played it since I got the original steelbook on release, the re-done graphics are **** looovvveelllyyyy!!!!! ?. I’ve spent most of my time switching between the original and new graphics. Halo 1 was an impressive update in visuals but 2 is even more impressive.

Possibly the best compilation ever imo. So much content for such a (now) cheap price. I got the ODST download as well. I’ll be sick of Halo in a few months I’m sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Prey today.

Really enjoyed it. It's incredibly derivative, almost everything in the game is pinched blatantly from somewhere else, mostly System Shock/Bioshock, but it's bloody good regardless. You're on a space station where experimentation derived from an alien species has lead to humanity developing modification injections. Of course this goes wrong and soon the station is crawling with aliens, but also not everything is as it seems...

There's just something cool about a game which has an enemy that can literally hide as anything. Walking into a room with a load of pickups and having one suddenly attack you is fantastic.

Even the window dressing is cool. Like all these games you spend a lot of time looking for supplies, rooting through cabinets and bins and usually finding crap. The crap has a use! You go to a recycling machine and it breaks anything down into one of 4 elements you can then use in another machine to craft anything you've got the schematic for. Right down to, fairly early on, you being given the ability to craft the thing that unlocks more abilities for you...

It isn't perfect. It doesn't have enough variety in its enemies, there isn't that much variety in your weapons (more so if you choose to play like I did, meaning I missed a lot of the games mechanics), and it makes a turn in the last section of the game that is ill-advised and makes the end game more irritating than needed. But this is relatively minor.

It's a very good game. And better, you can get it for **** all. It's regularly under £10. It's a complete bargain at that money. 

Edited by Chindie

Done Halo 2 and 3 now. Started 4 and just encountered the Prometheans. It’s great so far. Completely different vibe compared to the original 3 and clearly it’s 343’s design at play compared to Bungie. A lot more moody and atmospheric compared to the hoo rah gung ho bright colourfulness of 1-3. 

Also, I know it’s been ever so slightly tarted up for the MCC in terms of jaggies and sharpness but it’s absolutely gorgeous to look at for a 360 game. Hard to believe it’s made for the same system as Halo 3, it looks like a solid generation of consoles worth of difference between the two. Beautiful game.

Edited by Ingram85

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started my second playthrough of Breath of the Wild on Switch.

I'd actually forgotten just how magnificent it is. I'm going to take my time even more with this playthrough and try and find as much of the stuff I missed as possible.

Â