coda

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We'd have given league cup a go without europe but ultimately it just got sacrificed, one of those things.

Chelsea don't half get easy draws most seasons in these cup competitions. Endless home ties in FA cup most seasons and their run in this was home to AFC Wimbledon-Brighton-Blackburn-Newcastle. The only time they've been outside of London for the league cup this season was Boro away.

Can't believe Potter's luck really. Was only there six months and in his only two cup matches for Chelsea they drew Man. City away TWICE. 😂

Lost at Boro too

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently they need to sell over £100m of players by 30th of June according to some "FFP Expert". Might be tough with the Euros on this year. 

If true, who is going to buy any of their players at their valuations knowing how desperate they will be. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Apparently they need to sell over £100m of players by 30th of June according to some "FFP Expert". Might be tough with the Euros on this year. 

If true, who is going to buy any of their players at their valuations knowing how desperate they will be. 

Spurs want Gallagher so that's an easy sell as he'll have just 12 months left on his deal.

I assume the Broja loan has option to buy so if he stays fit and scores a few for Fulham they'll probably have settled on 30m.

Those two will be probably be 70m + alone so then it's a case of selling on a few more squad fillers who are currently out on loan.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Knowing how desperate Chelsea would be to sell I wouldn't be offering them anything like 30m for Broja. 

Someone will. Strikers are hard to find something someone like palace or Fulham will over pay for him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Knowing how desperate Chelsea would be to sell I wouldn't be offering them anything like 30m for Broja. 

That's just not how it works.

Fulham are desperate for a new CF, they have him in the building and if he scores 6-7 in half a season they'll probably be interest from West Ham who wanted Broja in the summer. So Fulham won't be getting anywhere just low balling Chelsea.

I think the bigger issue with Chelsea is the players they actually keep. They're all on massive long term contracts and seems most of them accepted lower wages than they would've got at other clubs e.g. Mudryk and Arsenal and I'm sure Liverpool were probably offering Caciedo a higher wage.

At what point with them not making europe and those clubs continually playing in CL will motivation considerably drop? That's then a problem for Chelsea attempting to move them on if they still have six years left on their deal.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

That's just not how it works.

Fulham are desperate for a new CF, they have him in the building and if he scores 6-7 in half a season they'll probably be interest from West Ham who wanted Broja in the summer. So Fulham won't be getting anywhere just low balling Chelsea.

I think the bigger issue with Chelsea is the players they actually keep. They're all on massive long term contracts and seems most of them accepted lower wages than they would've got at other clubs e.g. Mudryk and Arsenal and I'm sure Liverpool were probably offering Caciedo a higher wage.

At what point with them not making europe and those clubs continually playing in CL will motivation considerably drop? That's then a problem for Chelsea attempting to move them on if they still have six years left on their deal.

I think you're underestimating the possibility that Broja scores almost nothing (because he's shit) and that Fulham (who wanted him mainly as cover for Jimenez, who will have returned) and West Ham realise they can get someone better from elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think you're underestimating the possibility that Broja scores almost nothing (because he's shit) and that Fulham (who wanted him mainly as cover for Jimenez, who will have returned) and West Ham realise they can get someone better from elsewhere. 

I don't think Broja is that bad. He looked decent at Southampton which was only two seasons back. Probably not at the level Chelsea require but he did his ACL so understandable he's still feeling his way back.

Fulham get plenty of crosses in so I do think he'll get a few goals for them. Might also score a couple for Albania in the euros which would bump his price up.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think Broja is that bad. He looked decent at Southampton which was only two seasons back.

6 goals 0 assists in just under 2000 mins. Diaby has 4 goals 4 assists in 1400 odd minutes

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

6 goals 0 assists in just under 2000 mins. Diaby has 4 goals 4 assists in 1400 odd minutes

Slightly different positions. Let's say we'd swopped Duran for Broja in this window then I reckon Broja would make more impact coming off the bench in the run in given he's more experienced at this level.

I think he'll be decent for Fulham.

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

however much i dislike Chelsea, to be brutally honest i dont think that would be difficult for them.

the have about 9000 players, they prob only need to sell 3-4 of them to get 100m+, unfortunately.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Slightly different positions. Let's say we'd swopped Duran for Broja in this window then I reckon Broja would make more impact coming off the bench in the run in given he's more experienced at this level.

I think he'll be decent for Fulham.

He looked rubbish when he came on in the cup. Duran 2 goals in 174 mins in PL. Broja 1 goal in 455 mins.

Silva leaving / retiring will take £300k a week off the books for a start 

They'll have the hall money coming 

Cash in on broja, kepa, maatsen, lukaku, ziyech

Not only will they be fine they'll no doubt spend £100m+ again this summer 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The end of the year for PSR is June 30th. Whether they'll be fine or not, they ain't shifting all those players out before the window even opens. 

On 03/02/2024 at 08:33, villa4europe said:

I think Saudi money is their only hope. Look at Broja noone would go near unless chance of a bargain because they know Chelsea are now desperate. 

Â