coda

I wouldn't rule di Matteo out if getting that job full time. 3 wins from 3. He has the profile as a player. He has been a good manager in the lower levels so he's not new to the role. The players clearly like him which is important there. And he's getting results. Let's see how the season pans out. If they catch Spurs I can see him getting a shot provided Jose doesn't turn up.

I just don't see it because that sounds far too much like common sense or a reasonable piece of logic.

Chelsea and by that I mean Roman basically take a flavour of the month approach to picking managers.

Jose, Scolari, Hiddink, Carlo, AVB everyone of them has been the man of the moment and has been appointed on the back of an recent achievement.

I personally think they will follow a similar logic this time around and opt for who ever is the flavour of the month come the summer.

The only alternative to that I can see is Rafa who is desperate for a job in England and would be seen as the best hope of stopping Torres being an utter flop.

Some have ruled Rafa out because he was available when AVB went but if you think about it Rafa is smart and from his perspective he would be better turning up in the summer than at this stage of the season.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is disgusting what happened last night. Why couldnt they do this for AVB, it shows what is wrong with professional football. Same happened here last season when players who loved MON didnt want to play for GH.

I dont like my boss but still get on with my job

But that's just it. They were 'getting on with their job' for the managers they didn't like. They just weren't doing their absolute best. Football is a game of small margins and the difference between playing or playing to your maximum is the difference between winning and losing. And it's why a good manager (combined with a good 'situation') is as important as a good player.

Exactly.

I've had various bosses at my company.

My second boss I hated. I still got on with my work and did my job but I had no desire to do anything extra or go the extra mile. And if he was going to get in shit for something I wouldn't go out of my way to help him out.

My boss immediately after that was great. I enjoyed my job and he motivated me to do better. I did go the extra mile and I would have gone out of my way to help him out if he was in the shit.

The players aren't blameless, but if AVB couldn't motivate them to play for him then he has to take the blame too. Future big employers aren't going to look upon his seeming inability to deal with the big stars favourably

Incidentally, give Terry all the stick you like, he was excellent last night.
Yes, on the pitch and on the sideline. And I don't mean that facetiously. Maybe he will make a cracking manager :nod:

It was a breath of fresh air.

Look, Terry is a dickhead, we all know that.

But how often do you see players get subbed off and go off down the tunnel or sit on the bench, head down doing nowt.

You don't often see them out on the sideline kicking every ball and dishing out instructions to his teammates. It was nice to see someone giving that much of a shit (is that even a phrase?)

As you said BOF, he was class on and off the pitch last night. Deserves credit.

funny enough I asked my friend there if she would give me Eva's phone number

I got told to behave myself :-(

Apparently Roberto is a lovely lovely man , but I don't know if that is from a puppy eyed females pov or the players

The best thing about Chelsea is their physio:

eva-carneiro-4f59c6469738b.jpg

<3

Didn't she win MasterChef too !!

Haha, what?

I will check her out when she emerges from the tunnel at VP in a few weeks time...try and get some butt pics for you guys if you'd like.

If CHelsea play Barcelona id fancy them to win, their style of play has always troubled Barcelona and on form Drogba would torture the defence.

also sure would be fired up after 2009

I quite like Barca, and dislike Chelsea, but that 2009 semi final game was a disgrace. Apart from the south korea vs spain world cup 2002 game, it was the worst refereeing I have ever seen.

I quite like Barca, and dislike Chelsea, but that 2009 semi final game was a disgrace. Apart from the south korea vs spain world cup 2002 game, it was the worst refereeing I have ever seen.

It was a **** disgrace...so I'm told

Â