coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a text last night from my friend that works there last night

Extreme bullshit alert

I take it you don't know Tony, being as I do and do know who his source is, I'd be wary of making such proclamations.

AVB will be the next manager at Inter.

Yeah I think that's a very likely outcome. Hope he knocks Chelsea out in the Champions League next season.

be more likely a Europa League game ;) and on current form Inter might not even get that far

Didnt they pay 14 million for him? they must have spent nearly 60 million on paying off and hiring managers since Abramovich took over.

Should just give job to Terry he seems to be the main instigator of all this

Must admit Terry was who I thought when I heard the AVB news .. He's well liked in the club ( well maybe not by the directors after calling them rocket polishers when they sacked Wilkins) but the players would def play for Terry

IMO player ego management is just as much a part of the job as getting the team sheet and tactics right, but AVB wasn't able to do it. 'Long term rebuild' seems to have become synonymous with 'short-term pissing off a load of players you still depend on' in many people's minds, so managers who do that garner sympathy for their 'vision', but I think that's all a big crock. You work with what you have, until you have more - it should be that simple. It's all very well talking about **** off all the old egos, but Lampard's their highest scorer this season, Drogba's contributed more goals in prem or CL than than Fezzy 'the Spanish Heskey' Torres, and Terry, much as I despise him, is still probably less of a defensive catastrophe than Luiz.

No doubt Abramovich is the biggest culprit here over a longer scale of time, but missing that CL money next season would have mostly AVB's doing if he'd have been kept on. They should be competing round about Tottenham's level rather than trailing out of sight.

I would love to see Terry get the job, just to witness the ensuing train wreck. Never going to happen though, surely not even Roman is that reckless.

Chelsea never learn, player power once again costs a manager his job. They need to get rid of the likes of Lampard, Terry, Cole, Drogba etc.. not the manager

100%

absolutely this. If I was a prospective manager, I wouldn't come unless there was a standing agreement to get rid of the poison in the dressing room, and it would start with Terry & Lampard, good though they might be.

They're not even very good anymore..

AVB will be the next manager at Inter.

Yeah I think that's a very likely outcome. Hope he knocks Chelsea out in the Champions League next season.

be more likely a Europa League game ;) and on current form Inter might not even get that far

Yeah you're right Inter probably wont make it but I think Chelsea, sadly, will finish in the top four.

Didnt they pay 14 million for him? they must have spent nearly 60 million on paying off and hiring managers since Abramovich took over.

Should just give job to Terry he seems to be the main instigator of all this

Yeah, cost them $13.3mil from Porto, and a $4.5mil salary. I think it was a 3 year contract? Absolute madness. Makes even our board look smart!

Long run? They've already lost more than £20m through this farce not to mention the money he has spent on players that may or may not be part of the next managers plans.

The likes of Drogba, Cole, Terry and Lampard have seen off another manager and in doing so will ensure their careers at Chelsea and now they have Di Matteo a man previously sacked by WBA in charge. I'm sure suddenly the Chelsea players will start trying again now they've got what they seemingly wanted but who on earth would want that job now?

The managers job at Chelsea is becoming a joke, you would have to be mad to want it although I guess it comes with a nice pay off at the end.

Â