coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else bored of the almost-daily articles from the dressing room saying there's no player power?

How many times is John Terry (the rumoured leader) going to come out and say there is no player power before he just breaks down laughing and says "nah, just kiddin'".

There was a cracking comment in the Guardian comments section when AVB was sacked.

The reader suggested that the first thing the new manager should do is beat up John Terry when he was coming out of the showers. This is typically the fastest way to gain respect of the group in prison movies and might be the only thing this lot understand!

Anyone else bored of the almost-daily articles from the dressing room saying there's no player power?

How many times is John Terry (the rumoured leader) going to come out and say there is no player power before he just breaks down laughing and says "nah, just kiddin'".

There was a cracking comment in the Guardian comments section when AVB was sacked.

The reader suggested that the first thing the new manager should do is beat up John Terry when he was coming out of the showers. This is typically the fastest way to gain respect of the group in prison movies and might be the only thing this lot understand!

Haha, yeah and I also remember reading that AVB "was in tears" as he left SB because none of the senior players went to say goodbye to him. Whatever about there being no player power there (yeah right), one thing's for sure, there is a complete basic lack of respect.

I hope Chelsea are leading 2-0 tonight before an injury time goal from Napoli.

:lol:

If Chelsea go out tonight no english club left in the CL...

(can't say i'm too fussed) :winkold:

I stopped supporting English teams in Europe during the 1999 CL final.

Story

andre-villas-boas-cropped.jpg

Sacked AVB 'in tears as he left Chelsea'

Andre Villas-Boas is understood to have left in tears after being sacked by Chelsea – despite getting a £10million pay-off.

The Portuguese was also said to be upset that the majority of the squad did not say goodbye or wish him luck.

One player however, did show his support. Brazil centre-half David Luiz wrote on Twitter: “Thanks AVB! U r amazing guy! Big hug.”

Villas-Boas' assistant Roberto Di Matteo took training on Monday after being put in charge for the rest of the season and, though he was unpopular under AVB, it is understood players liked his methods.

Di Matteo’s first task will be to get the players onside ahead of Tuesday night’s FA Cup replay at Birmingham.

Portuguese sports daily O Jogo blamed player-power for AVB’s exit and said: “Roman Abramovich had two options. He either fired 25 players, or the coach.”

Haha, yeah and I also remember reading that AVB "was in tears" as he left SB because none of the senior players went to say goodbye to him. Whatever about there being no player power there (yeah right), one thing's for sure, there is a complete basic lack of respect.

It's all so one sided too, like whoever the manager is has to show those particular players the utmost respect. But they can behave like absolute rocket polishers and still want the respect from the 'man in charge'.

It's the dictionary definition of primadonna. It's all "me me me". They think "we are the stars here" so they can ride roughshod over anyone. In hindsight, AVB's age was much more of an issue than perhaps it should have been, because those players won't respect anyone who they perceive to be in any way weak, whether that be personality-wise or experience-wise. Nasty bunch of **** that old guard are. Can't blame the younger players. If a manager can't keep the seniors in line, there's no way a junior is going to step out of line.

But lets be honest here, we are presuming he was pushed out by player power. We are presuming the old guard of Lampard, Drogba, Terry and co had no respect for him in the dressing room. We dont know for sure, we are simply putting our own opinion on the situation.

No we're not really. It's the same old recurring shit. It has been said before by others whether it be media or other players about the power held by the Chelsea players you mention. This is just the latest example. It's not in isolation so shouldn't be treated as such.

You may be right, Luis Felipe Scolari said something along those lines but then maybe he was looking for excuses for his poor record there in 08/09. He is the only person involved either present or past or who has said such things though. The media have a tendancy to make stuff up, they have to fill the pages with something.

Well there you go :) You can't say it's just us presuming stuff and then choose to dismiss stories from someone who would actually know. Anyway, at this point I must surely be giving the impression that I give a shit about the happenings at Stamford Bridge when nothing could be further from the truth.

My point was that was just 1 person. If it was loads of people then fine, but it is only 1 person. Anyway I dont care what happens there, as a club I only hate Spurs and Small Heath then Chelsea.

Â