coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea scorers tonight. Lampard, Terry and Drogba, The old guard are not finished yet. Still another 2 years in them.

Terry is still Chelsea's best defender, and quite possibly England's best.

Not much I know, but I'd still have him in the England team for the Euros.

Personally I would love Chelsea to get to the final for John Terry after what happened to him a few years ago against United.

Terry is on record as saying he thinks about that penalty miss 30-40 times a day, that has got to be painful.

I would like Chelsea to reach the final again so Terry has the chance to put things right, then I want him to score an OG or give away a penalty or even better miss another penalty to further add to the pricks misery!

Go Chelsea!

Interesting to see how the senior players suddenly find form when the man who wanted to replace them has been sacked!!! John Terry says there is no player power at Chelsea so I must be wrong because Terry is a decent and honest person.

I wouldn't rule di Matteo out if getting that job full time. 3 wins from 3. He has the profile as a player. He has been a good manager in the lower levels so he's not new to the role. The players clearly like him which is important there. And he's getting results. Let's see how the season pans out. If they catch Spurs I can see him getting a shot provided Jose doesn't turn up.

Did anyone notice how it looked like Terry was giving out all the tactics and orders from the sidelines as if he was the manager.

And there's no player power huh :bonk:

Apparently at the pre-match press conference from Terry and DiMatteo, there were 11 questions asked - 10 of which were answered by Terry. But it's not about him, of course.

Did anyone notice how it looked like Terry was giving out all the tactics and orders from the sidelines as if he was the manager.

And there's no player power huh :bonk:

Apparently at the pre-match press conference from Terry and DiMatteo, there were 11 questions asked - 10 of which were answered by Terry. But it's not about him, of course.

:crylaugh:

Why doesnt he just become a player-manager and be done with it?

They're playing well because Di Matteo lets them get on with it.

AVB rocked the boat by trying to command respect and deal with the gos etc.

My guess is Di Matteo is a bit more pally with the players, so now that he's in they are happier for the time being because they can go back to how it used to be. No one telling them off or what to do.

My guess is if some serious managing needs to be done, we'll see the weaknesses in Di Matteo

Yeah you could well be right Stevo. But I think the same criticisms could have been levelled at Guardiola when he took over Barcelona. I'm not saying di Matteo is Guardiola but Guardiola showed that being pally at the start doesn't necessarily mean you'll ultimately fail. If di Matteo's style of play and tactics shows the players that it gets results then I think the authority and ability to 'manage' them (in the tough sense that you mean) will follow soon after. But equally you could be right and the likes of Terry become a pseudo-manager a la last night.

Incidentally, give Terry all the stick you like, he was excellent last night.
Yes, on the pitch and on the sideline. And I don't mean that facetiously. Maybe he will make a cracking manager :nod:

Â