coda

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

They would’ve been better off keeping Potter till the end of the season, strange decisions from these owners thus far.

That or get a new manager in to assess the squad properly before pre-season. The interim manager thing was a bonkers decision imo. 

18 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s a shame they won’t get dragged into the relegation battle, would’ve been interesting to see how that panned out. 

Especially now without another transfer window to buy their way out…

actually, given how badly the last one went they might be better off this way

24 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

They would’ve been better off keeping Potter till the end of the season, strange decisions from these owners thus far.

Keep Potter, discuss the fact that it's not working with him and make it a respectable exit for everyone involved.

He would have done better than Frank anyway.

It's a lose - lose situation for everybody involved. Especially as any new potential manager will see them as a laughing stock. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Hook it to my veins.

You have to laugh at the fact they couldn’t fit all the players in the dressing room so, rather than manage the size of the squad decided to extend the dressing room :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

You have to laugh at the fact they couldn’t fit all the players in the dressing room so, rather than manage the size of the squad decided to extend the dressing room :lol: 

You've got to think there'll be rich pickings at knockdown prices this summer from them. Boehly will have a yard sale out front.

• Like 1

I didn't think Chelsea looked too bad against Real Madrid and even looked slick at times.

Havertz was very decent and they actually made several chances which mostly fell to Kante.

They were obviously set-up not to lose and looked like they might get something from the game until their £50m left-back Cucurella had a rush of blood to the head, which left a huge amount of space behind, from which RM created their first goal.

Cucurella was also detailed to take corners and I didn't see a decent one all game.

The other player who looked out of place in a CL game with RM, was Conor Gallagher, who put his usual 100% in but lacked the expected finesse.

The result was no surprise and they definitely have more serious domestic concerns to deal with.

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

You've got to think there'll be rich pickings at knockdown prices this summer from them. Boehly will have a yard sale out front.

I hope we avoid them all.

Players like RLC, Gallagher, Broja, Chukwuemeka e.t.c no thanks.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I hope we avoid them all.

Players like RLC, Gallagher, Broja, Chukwuemeka e.t.c no thanks.

Oh there's definitely garbage in there too, but I could definitely see Emery getting a tune out of someone like Ziyech.

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

It will be a buyers market with them if clubs are sensible they should be able to get some bargains.

Yep, Chelsea will quickly be in “need to sell to buy” territory and any buyers will know it.

The problem is there’s not an awful lot in their squad to be excited about.

3 hours ago, Mister_a said:

illustrates it quite well. He's just not very good is he.

38 conceded, 8 scored - wow!

I bet nobody has looked him in the eye either.  Where's the moments of magic? It's definitely the players not playing for him.

Â