coda

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Hopefully they don’t change there mind and keep Lampard in charge for the season, the bloke is as bad as gerrard as a manager 

Honestly the way this season has played out so far, I wouldn’t be particularly shocked if they let him go before the season is finished. 

They’re just that chaotic to do it.

Blowing silly money to nick the seemingly completely useless Mudryk from under Arsenal's noses, only for Arsenal to just buy Trossard for a fraction of the cost and have him immediately fit in perfectly, too funny

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

When a team dominates and people say “well they spent so much money it was inevitable” they can look at rare cases like this. ENORMOUS investment in players and have gotten much worse.

It is just a (hilarious) bump in the road for Chelsea, we all know they are capable of having the occasional season where they finish in mid table but they'll just keep throwing money at the problem until it isn't a problem any more and they'll be back at the top end of the table. 

One of the interesting short term things is what happens to that squad this summer?   They can't possibly keep all of the players, I'm not even talking from an FFP point of view but just the sheer practicalities of how do you conduct a training session with so many players in the first team squad?  How do you keep them all happy?  Guys like Sterling, Mount, Pulisic, Gallagher (and half a dozen others) must be wondering whether the golden handcuffs are worth it right now.  There might be a fire sale and some real bargains to be had. I think a lot of the players will be out of Villa's price bracket but if I were a club with Champions League money then I'd definitely be speaking with a few of the Chelsea player's agents to find out who is happy and who isn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Rev said:

It is just a (hilarious) bump in the road for Chelsea, we all know they are capable of having the occasional season where they finish in mid table but they'll just keep throwing money at the problem until it isn't a problem any more and they'll be back at the top end of the table. 

One of the interesting short term things is what happens to that squad this summer?   They can't possibly keep all of the players, I'm not even talking from an FFP point of view but just the sheer practicalities of how do you conduct a training session with so many players in the first team squad?  How do you keep them all happy?  Guys like Sterling, Mount, Pulisic, Gallagher (and half a dozen others) must be wondering whether the golden handcuffs are worth it right now.  There might be a fire sale and some real bargains to be had. I think a lot of the players will be out of Villa's price bracket but if I were a club with Champions League money then I'd definitely be speaking with a few of the Chelsea player's agents to find out who is happy and who isn't. 

Completely different regime though. Abramovich was never this gung ho in the transfer market and his signings were sensible even the flops

28 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Under Abramovich, yes. Boehly on the other hand is a complete clown. He hasn’t a clue what he’s doing. Unless he’s gets people in to run the club, they won’t do anything no matter how much they spend. He’ll eventually get bored and sell, hopefully he’s dragged them down far enough it takes years to recover.

5 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Hopefully they don’t change there mind and keep Lampard in charge for the season, the bloke is as bad as gerrard as a manager 

The entitled swanning into these roles for the likes of Gerrard and Lampard is baffling. They say the exact same buzzwords about passion and pride and mentality and whatever but are incapable of coaching. They seem to think their players don’t play with the same passion as they did and that’s the problem, not the coaching, so it’s not on them. 

You look at the quality of coaches in the PL right now (with the exception of one or two clowns like the Tottenham guy) and it’s breathtaking that someone like Lampard can be given the reins at Chelsea. 

• Like 1

Lovely seeing them losing each game. They do need to step it up a bit to help us though as they play some of the top 9 still. If they can eek out a nil nil against all the teams in the top half that will help us and still mean Palace can over take them ( and wolves).

5 hours ago, Annoyman said:

Tragic to think what Lampard could have achieved if he'd only been appointed five or six games earlier

Potter actually kept them up when you think about it, won the vital six pointers v Palace, Leeds and Leicester and dug out a crucial point at Forest. Need to build a statue of him on the forecourt next to Frank Sinclair...

They look like they genuinely could lose all their games in the run in under Lampard. What were the odds on them finishing bottom half in August?

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Potter actually kept them up when you think about it, won the vital six pointers v Palace, Leeds and Leicester and dug out a crucial point at Forest. Need to build a statue of him on the forecourt next to Frank Sinclair...

They look like they genuinely could lose all their games in the run in under Lampard. What were the odds on them finishing bottom half in August?

They were 4th favourites for the title at 16/1 😂

Difference is Arsenal stuck with Arteta through the tough and frustrating period.

Chelsea didn't. That is the difference.

Chelsea were actually dominating a lot of games under Potter and every statistical metric suggested it would click eventually like it did with Brighton.

I honestly believe Potter would have got it right if given time.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

Â