• Warnock
    • Clark
    • Petrov
    • Ireland
    • Keane
    • N'Zogbia
    • Bent
    • Sub:Bannan (for Clark)

Best ive seen Bent play for ages. Great work rate, really helps us out when he plays like that.

Ireland and Keane were great. Its good having two footballers on the pitch wanting the ball.

If the Ref gives the Pen at the start of the second half we win that game.

We really need to stop being so defensive from the start. Play with that intensity from minute one and we'll be fine. I doubted if we could keep it up but we did. Clarke ran miles of ground, plus the Petrov 60th minute theorists will be quite this evening.

As for Warnocks own goal - yeah he had a beast!! BUT Dunne needs some blame surely? Why didnt he jump to clear? Unless Warnock called?

UTV

good peformance against one of the worst away teams in the league, who were missing half their players, and out of the ones who played, i think 3 made their debuts with no playing or training with their team mates?

some utter shocking defending, from both warnock and hutton, dunne also gets a mention for dancing like a mental bear in front of warnock for the second goal

out of defence, cuellar clearly looked a class above the rest, really, head and bloody shoulders knees and toes above the other 3.

midfield?

why do we persist with clark in the middle when we are playing a poor team with no confidence and at their weakest? when we are at home?

petrov, well he kept it ticking over when he moved away from our own keepers area so good on him but i fear if we hadnt been playing such a shit team ( they really REALLY were poor) he would have been torn apart, however i can only judge his performance on tonight so he ended up doing ok.

ireland, he looked good today, although he was drifting at times and also had to be on guard when the liability that is hutton came forwards. tidy play and ran all game, looked like he gave up on some balls gabby would have still chased down but he doesnt have the excelleration of gabby so all is fogiven.

nzogbia - hmm, he was quite poor, running at players and losing the ball, then he started remembering that he is allowed to pass it, then he looked half decent. scored a decent goal and looked reasonably dangerous for the remainder of the game

clark - should not be playing in the middle unless man marking someone like rooney, i would play him instead of dunne or as 3 man defence but not at the expense of cuellar, his stats may look ok but that is because each time he was passed the ball he didnt bother to check if there was anyone near him, he just passed it back to whoever gave him the ball most of the time, slowing play down to a crawl, when we should have been upping the tempo.

keane - i put him in midfield because thats where he played for most of the game, some neat passes between him and ireland and some decent possession rather than hoofing it, i thought my laptop video card was faulty when he was running for the ball though, he was that slow i had to check the settings on the pc.

forwards - bent, some good movement and for once got some service and support from the midfield, the ball is played on the floor, out wide an decent ball into the box and bang, a goal. it is not a difficult puzzle , hoof ball doesnt work to get goals from bent, football with ball on floor and then hit it in from wide areas, that is what gets his goals.

he did what some were demanding, he went for some 50 50 balls, and each time nearly got his head taken off and still couldnt get the ball, hopefully people will lay off him for not going in for balls all the time now as i thought in one of the challenges he got injured, lucky for us he didnt.

bannan - if he cuts out his every ball is a hollywood ball thought process, he is a good tidy and clever player, but he always looks better when the ball is on the floor rather than when he lifts it up, it normally ends up going to no one.

so while we had shit loads of shots on goal, could have had a peno, played half decent for most of the second half, we played against one of the worst sides away from home at their weakest.

we should have beaten these lot by 2 clear goals, so while the football was good to watch from an attacking point of view for once, the result is as per normal, shit and not good enough

That was the best display of attacking football from Villa all season.

We had 23 shots to 3, dominated possession, should've had 2 penalties, on another day Bent would've nabbed a hattrick and scored 2 goals, but somehow we only drew! WTF!

Given - 6.5 - Little to do except pick the ball out the back of the net.

Warnock - 1 - was absolutely awful the guy is a liability, we should've sold him to Liverpool when we had the chance! That OG was an embarrassment.

Dunne - 4 - cannot handle pace, Cisse terrorised him tonight.

Cuellar - 6 - was solid, did what he had to do defensively, can't remember him missing a pass, passed it short and safe and was composed in doing so.

Hutton - 6.5 - had a decent game (can't believe I just wrote that). Defensivley still worrying, but no major mistakes, was a great outlet going forward, sometimes to slow to pass the ball.

Clark - 8.5 - was excellent, looking like a proper defensive midfielder.

Petrov - 7 - was solid and provided a fine cross for the equaliser.

Ireland - 7 - was good, but looked dead on his feet come the final 10 minutes. Nice touches, alway probing, still not quite at his sharpest.

N'zogbia - 7.5 - Best game in a Villa shirt, average first half though, fine finish for the equaliser.

Keane - 8 - Link up play was superb, wish he was 3 years younger and we owned him!

Bent - 8 - Ran the channels well, linked up with keane really well, scored, but should've scored more. Movement was a constant menace.

Bannan - 7 - His passing vision is the best in the squad deserves a start, will be starting once Keane returns to LA.

I actually thought Keane was disappointing and I would have had him off for Gardner - someone with a bit more drive. Ireland, Clark and the Zog were all very good and a mention for Hutton who must have had his best game for us to date. Its not saying much I know...

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish after his side fought back from 2-0 down to draw with QPR: "I felt the lads let themselves down in the first half, and the fans, and it was not typical as an extension of me. It was slow and QPR couldn't believe their luck such was generosity for the goals. The second half was much better and we could have won it and had a number of penalty claims. We need that performance in the second half from everybody, every single minute of every single game."

Just got back.

Keane MOTM all day.

First half was hoof ball and we went 2-0 down. We got the ball on the ground and started playing out from the back instead of kicking it out. Bossed the second half and was unlucky not to win it, Ended 2-2. Keane and Dunne looked like the only two that give a shit. Everything was coming from Keane.

Today shows more than ever, if we support the lads the grew in confidence and play well, Best half of football at home in a while

Even Warnock played well in the second half when the fans got of his back

We had 15 shots on target, hit the bar and should of had at least 3 pens

Kean is going to be a big miss when he goes back to LA, I think he's made a massive impact in our ability to keep in down and play proper football.

This....This and This ....10 X over!

:(

out of defence, cuellar clearly looked a class above the rest, really, head and bloody shoulders knees and toes above the other 3.

^This all day. Carlos made some excellent passes and great tackles.

Everyone on here knows my feeling on Warnock (that he ain't good enough and Hutton, although no world beater, is Dani Alves compared to him), but GIVEN was at fault for the 2nd goal. The first goal all started when Warnock gave the ball away, yet again. I remember saying "well at least he didn't pass it to the other team in OUR OWN HALF this time..."

For the 2nd, Given should have either A: Come out and caught the cross or B: shouted "time" or anything really. I think Warnock is one of the worst, if not the worst LB in the league, but the 2nd goal isn't all on him IMO. Fair play to him for not crawling into a whole and dying or crying on the pitch and he played better in the 2nd half. I still think he needs replacing by Lichaj, Baker or Stevens (in that order of preference).

Bent looked like he gave a shit, which is nice for a change. Bannan once again proved that he isn't the messiah, N'Zog showed us what he is all about, Keane and Ireland were both very good and QPR were extremely bad.

Very entertaining match though!

Â