Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

Seems Capello Isn't happy with the FA over taking the captaincy from Terry

Wonder of he might leave the role early ?

Good shout, cockneygeezer :-)

Thinking ahead, if 'Arry gets it and puts the call into Beckham, Dave will have to choose between the Olympics and the Euro's wont he? I'm sure it was said any players involved in the Euro's would not be selected for the Olympic squad.

Might not apply to Sir Beckham though because of the MLS.

Thinking ahead, if 'Arry gets it and puts the call into Beckham, Dave will have to choose between the Olympics and the Euro's wont he? I'm sure it was said any players involved in the Euro's would not be selected for the Olympic squad.

Might not apply to Sir Beckham though because of the MLS.

i think he has it written in his contract tha they have to release him for the olympics and no club can hold a player back from the euros so in theory they cant stop him playing in either

but i cant see him coming back for euros

Not sure I could follow England with Harry in charge, or Villa for that matter. After all of said about the bloke and how little I think of how, it'd make me a hypocrite if I continued to support.

But imagine how much fun you are going to have when the wheels come off in a couple of years and he is the most hated man in the country.

guarantee Redknapp gets job his team for Euros vs France will be

Hart

JOhnson Ferdinand Terry Cole

Beckham Lampard Gerrard Joe Cole

Rooney Defoe

Tho he will write it up as:-

Harrrt

Jonssonn Reo Teerry Ash Coollllle

Becks Fraankie Stevie Joey

Rooooney Germain

What about Warka at right back?

guarantee Redknapp gets job his team for Euros vs France will be

Hart

JOhnson Ferdinand Terry Cole

Beckham Lampard Gerrard Joe Cole

Rooney Defoe

Tho he will write it up as:-

Harrrt

Jonssonn Reo Teerry Ash Coollllle

Becks Fraankie Stevie Joey

Rooooney Germain

Can't see Ferdinand and Terry ever playing together again.

Bit of a poison challace for Redknapp if you ask me (even more so than usual). He'll be going into a tournament with very little preparation time with which to mould his own team with, and will (more than likely) be coming out the other side of it with a reputation in tatters as per every other England manager.

Arsène Wenger has expressed his sadness at the "extreme situation" which led to the departure of England manager Fabio Capello.

The Italian left his post on Wednesday after a reported disagreement with Football Association over the latter’s decision to take away the captaincy from John Terry.

The Arsenal manager felt that issue should have rested with Capello.

“When the decision came out from the FA, I said that the choice of captain is down to the manager,” he told Arsenal Player. “You [the manager] pick your team, you choose your captain.

“I did not expect such an extreme situation but it looks like there was already some turbulence there and that was just the final straw. I am sad that Capello leaves four months before such an important competition, it is a big blow for England and I am sad for him.”

As for the Italian’s successor, Wenger position remains the same.

“I have always been straight in [suggesting an Englishman should be next] - not because I think an English manager can do a better job than any foreign guy, just because you represent your country and it is better if the manager is from there. Especially in a big football country like England.

“It's now down to the FA to make the right decision and you will not be surprised when I tell you I do not want to interfere with that!”

Well said Arsène.

yes - I wrote it a while back hence the last paragraph.

Odd. It seems to have been lifted from Here

Heh. I saw that too, and generously assumed VILLAFC2000 was the writer of the blog. :winkold:

Ha - thats because I did write it - FACT....!

"This was no more evident than when England took Emile Heskey to the South African World cup and played him up front, this is coming from a beloved Aston villa fan and take it from me you will not even finish in the top 4 with Emile playing up front let alone winning a World cup with him up front".

I have not written the other articles on there, But that was genuinely written by me.

Â