Scottish Independence

maqroll

This vote was a landmark for allowing 16 and 17 year olds to vote, despite the defeat it seems that this was something the Alex Salmon enjoyed.

The First Minister said: "Whatever else we can say about this referendum campaign, we have touched sections of the community who have never before been touched

Operation Yewtree looks like it could last a while longer.

• Like 1

I couldn't give a monkeys what way the scots voted as it has little or no bearing on us over here but I cannot get my head around anyone voting against independence. Probably in my make up due to the history of my country(Ireland).

So Brown as PM dreamt of Devolution for Scotland but was removed from office before his dream could be fulfilled

He then tried to persuade the Tories to put Devolution on the table for the referendum .. which of course was refused , why would they ?  the No camp had a huge lead

Enter Darling who managed to make a pigs ear of everything and give yes momentum , resulting in Brown adding the words Scotland after the the words  " The World "  to the list of places he saved by putting  ..yep Devolution on the table

I usually leave the conspiracy theories to others but doesn't anyone else think it's all a bit too convenient and that maybe Brown planned this from his underground bunker all along

I'm half expecting Brown to end up being the new Scottish First Minister by the end of next week

I couldn't give a monkeys what way the scots voted as it has little or no bearing on us over here but I cannot get my head around anyone voting against independence. Probably in my make up due to the history of my country(Ireland).

A posting on the BBC website, and one with which I agree: 

Sam Wakerley: The only thing progressive about this whole debacle is the fact we gave Scotland the vote. True progress would be one world freedom passport, one currency, one renewable energy policy & every child having basic needs taken care of, with wants allocated based on effort and attainment. Call it UKIP call it SNP, call it BNP, nationalism is ugly.

Link

• Like 1

So Brown as PM dreamt of Devolution for Scotland but was removed from office before his dream could be fulfilled

He then tried to persuade the Tories to put Devolution on the table for the referendum .. which of course was refused , why would they ?  the No camp had a huge lead

Enter Darling who managed to make a pigs ear of everything and give yes momentum , resulting in Brown adding the words Scotland after the the words  " The World "  to the list of places he saved by putting  ..yep Devolution on the table

I usually leave the conspiracy theories to others but doesn't anyone else think it's all a bit too convenient and that maybe Brown planned this from his underground bunker all along

I'm half expecting Brown to end up being the new Scottish First Minister by the end of next week

tumblr_n1bo4oL7V61sikq5fo1_500.gif

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I wonder will those who voted no still sing Flower of Scotland at sporting events?

Why not? Jerusalem should be England's official anthem.

Isn't the song about rising up and Scotland being it's own nation again? And fighting off the English?

I wonder will those who voted no still sing Flower of Scotland at sporting events?

As I said in another thread, great tune. But no way am I singing those batshit crazy words about Jesus visiting England. 

As I said in another thread, great tune. But no way am I singing those batshit crazy words about Jesus visiting England.

He visited Japan so how do you know he didn't come to England as part of his world tour :P

• Like 1

Isn't the song about rising up and Scotland being it's own nation again? And fighting off the English?

It's about Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn.

Not even 50 years old, it was written by the Corries - My Old Dear's favourite band.

Â