Scottish Independence

maqroll

Good to see the scots have managed to squeeze in equal opportunities for female golf afficcianado's at St. Andrews before the big vote ends. Another marker of progression for the Secessionists. After 260 years they've concluded women may deign to play with sticks too. Reckon they're ready to govern themselves now :P

Today I happened upon a box of old photos in a long-closed mill in Scotland. One of the pics was a golf club in Edwardian times. A group of people, sat very still, facing the camera full-on, three rows. You know the format.

Among that Edwardian group of golfers were two women, probably before they had the vote.

Nice to see St Andrews keeping up with the times. But I expect it's been driven (sorry) by possible loss of sponsorship rather than a sudden conversion to a different way of thinking.

I once tried to open a string of gentlemen's clubs, erm, near Fife, north of the border. But, err they're just not ready. Glasgow's been industrial for a while, but in many ways it's still a Third World country up there; but they'd be the first to accept that.

Love it- scotch mist! We could all be waking up to a very different world tomorrow-but probably not.

The best result for the Yes campaigners is probably actually a narrow loss. They'll get loads more power and control of budgets, but without the need to actually run a self sufficient country.

We'll continue to pay for everything, but they'll keep pointing out how 49% of the whole country want them to make the decisions, so we'll be forced to hand a lot of major decisions to them.

The No campaign has been so badly run it's actually laughable. It's looking like they'll lose, regardless of the actual result.

• Like 2

Watching it in japan while getting ready, Japanese reporter in a Glasgow bar (I think)

He decided to interview a bloke straight out of Jeremy kyles waiting room in a "I still hate thatcher tshirt"

Not a clue what either of them said, was hilarious though, it's the main story, and on CNN world news channel and obviously on bbc world news, got stopped in the street yesterday and asked about it!

If yes do get 49% how long before they start lobbying for the next independence vote ?

They can lobby but they'll never be another referendum in any of our lifetimes.

What if you are Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod ?
  • Like 2

Bx2Dia7CIAEdQWb.jpg

:lol:

She's my political opponent. I regard that as shallow, offensive, sexist shite. Like a time warp from about 320 AD.

We can really do without that nonsense in a discussion of national importance like this. Come to think of it, we can do without shite like this in any discussion, ever.

Â