Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Not being argumentative but am generally interested in how you know this as I've not heard it before, what are the reasons behind him wanting the checks?

someone on this board works in this industry and confirmed it is randy who authorised and liked the checks, so it is true mate

the idea was it would make us more recognisable from the other claret and blue teams when selling ourselves brand abroad.

My personal view is that Aston Villa is the premier claret-and-blue team in the world. Let the other claret-and-blue teams worry about distinguishing themselves from us!

I like the checks. Surely this is just personal preference? Some years I like the kit, others I don't. It doesn't really amtter too much either way as they only last for 1 year before the next ones out.

Yep, claret with blue sash would be superb....any mock ups?

Has everybody forgotten this?

Clicky here

Opinion then will always be divided won't it? That kit was really nice actually and I wore it on many occasions, which is saying something as I hardly ever buy an away kit... I think to date, that is the only one.

The only thing that ruined that kit was the poor placement of the sponsor's logo. I am not a designer, so back off with your flames already. Other than that - it was a fine kit. And that... is my opinion.

the idea was it would make us more recognisable from the other claret and blue teams when selling ourselves brand abroad.

My personal view is that Aston Villa is the premier claret-and-blue team in the world. Let the other claret-and-blue teams worry about distinguishing themselves from us!

Yes we all think that but Jonny foreigner who we want to spend money on the club doesn't.

Checks gotta stay. Especially as macron do wet spam.

And that macron are shit.

Well I am sitting here watching Escape to Victory and I can't help thnk we'd look cool if our away kit was the "United Europe" kit but with the claret and blue strip instead of the red and blue.

Anyone got a piccie ?

Just an experiment

villaadidascopy.png

If you like it, would you like if I left everything the same and just took the Adidas logos and the strips and put another brand on it.

Don't tease me! I've wanted Adidas to make our shirts for so long :-(

love that strip. i've always wanted to see what the claret addidas stripes would look like on our kit. (and for the purposes of your experiment Imarsha, the 3 stripes is the part i like the most, so removing them takes away the 'like'). :winkold:

Â