Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I don't know how WHU manage to have a consistently less classy top year on year, given that we both have the same basic remit.

Our sleeves seem too long.

They're not. I don't know whether the above picture does it justice or not, but there is no problem with the sleeves.

Was bought the home shirt for my birthday yesterday off the in-laws after not seeing it in the flesh before, and I have to say I really like it! Very keen on the design and feel of the shirt and no qualms with quality whatsoever.

Compared to the WHU kit I think our blue being slightly paler is nicely set off against the claret being a lot richer. Theirs looks a tad washed out.

Agreed. the more I look at theirs the more 'purple' the WHU it looks. Nothing like claret.

I think the Villa kit is pulled in a bit on that pic to make it look skinny fit when in fact it's not at all.

haha WHU are such a shit club.. Hammer's and Castle... Lions are much better.
Not sure it's that cut and dry.

I mean, you couldn't kill a lion with a hammer obviously, but on the other hand a lion couldn't storm a castle (except maybe Leoric in Visionaries, but weren't not talking magical lions here).

haha WHU are such a shit club.. Hammer's and Castle... Lions are much better.
Not sure it's that cut and dry.

I mean, you couldn't kill a lion with a hammer obviously, but on the other hand a lion couldn't storm a castle (except maybe Leoric in Visionaries, but weren't not talking magical lions here).

Lets just be Glad our badge isn't a Cockerel, and our fans arn't Cocks :P

Would you consider Aslan the great as magical?
Book Aslan, yes. Film Aslan, however, is Liam Neeson and therefore capable of not just storming the castle singlehandedly, but of killing everyone inside with a degree of derring-do.

Would you consider Aslan the great as magical?
Book Aslan, yes. Film Aslan, however, is Liam Neeson and therefore capable of not just storming the castle singlehandedly, but of killing everyone inside with a degree of derring-do.

Fair enough. I'll accept that.

Lions top the Premier League of animal-badges though, hands down. There's only ever gonna be one winner in a royal rumble between lions, cockerels, eagles, seahorses (what the ****?!), canaries, swans and throstles. So it then really comes down to who's got the better lion. Our one looks a bit like it's jumping in the air to catch a star à la Super Mario, so we could probably assume that it has temporary powers of invincibility. Stack that against Chelsea's lion who seems to have a fear of it's own sceptre, no contest. Sunderland's two smaller lions have the numbers advantage, but as long as one of them is taken down before our lion's invincibility runs out the other shouldn't be a challenge. Reading's lion is miniscule, ergo no threat and the only thing that the seahorses could probably kill.

I had to Google 'throstle' and was surprised to discover that it's a 'machine for continuously spinning wool or cotton'.

Then I thought to myself, 'Who the devil has one of those on their crest?'

Then I found out that a throstle is also a bird, and that West Brom not only have a throstle on their badge but they also used to be called 'The Throstles'.

Then I came back here to report on my findings.

Quite an adventure.

Â