Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Do not think the kit sucks, but it is by no means a success either. A 6/10 from me.

My main impression is that it looks a bit plain and rushed to be honest, with some of the details badly mixed:

- The collar is back in style as we can see in the Euros, but I think ours look a bit soft and unnecessary, it should have been in a more "rigid" material so to speak

- The sleeves are too long and unfitted, just too much fabric hanging about as we can see on Darren Bent in the pictures. I have played in everything from Kappa (too fitted), Umbro and Nike, and unfitted sleeves are just annoying. You kind of correct it all the time whilst on the pitch. I think Nike do this well, as well as Adidas. Not every player needs to have bursting biceps when wearing a kit, but a few centimeters off would have made a lot more sense.

- The detail over the Genting-logo is also very random, why did they put it there? Less is more in my opinion, and it just looks untidy IMO.

- The Macron-chaps om the shoulders is OK, they put them there on every kit so we cannot expect anything else.

- The Villa-logo looks unfinished too with the crisp white border around it, why did they make it that big? Clearly without the border it looks better, again IMO.

It might be that the kits our players are wearing are random sizes, but my biggest and only worthwhile concern is that is looks wastly big around the stomach. Why so much fabric used around the waist? You can see Ireland tidying it in whilst showing it off. I am not a fan of the Kappa-style, does not need to be that fitted, but come on, it looks huge! On every picture the material is just hanging out on every player, I hope this will be better when we kick off the season. Just look at every picture before the Euros and we can see that the kits are the same for most teams, nicely fitted around the waist and no extra. Again, a bit sloppy and generic. I mean, if I wanted my local team to play in Macron this is exactly what I would expect we would have gotten just with our colours and badge.

With regards to the yellow line across the bottom of the kit, I have no concerns. I like adjustments from year to year, or else you could have played with the same kit every season. But it would have been much cooler with a really clear-cut and simple, classic kit without all the details - and then the yellow to spark it up.

An untidy, pretty dull and rushed edition of a football-kit that will be lost in the history of many nice Villa-kits. The away kit? Not something I will buy, and I doubt we will wear it much. I am looking forward to a navy away-kit if that ever comes back, which could have worked with blue sleeves and claret Macron-men on the shoulders as well as a claret collar.

For what it's worth, I like the socks!

For those that wanted clarification on the sizes. The website has removed 3 and 4xl from their site now. I phone up and asked about the sizes again and if that only applied to the online store. The lady went to find out and came back with "yes, i have 3 and 4xl here right now" So to those that wanted to know, you can get the 3 and 4xl from instore tomorrow. The online store seem to have a delayed time for sizes over 2xl. I'm pretty sure it was a different person i spoke to the second time around as the first lady said they wasn't selling the 3 and 4xl and that the 1/8/2012 waiting period was correct.

Do not think the kit sucks, but it is by no means a success either. A 6/10 from me.

My main impression is that it looks a bit plain and rushed to be honest, with some of the details badly mixed:

- The collar is back in style as we can see in the Euros, but I think ours look a bit soft and unnecessary, it should have been in a more "rigid" material so to speak

- The sleeves are too long and unfitted, just too much fabric hanging about as we can see on Darren Bent in the pictures. I have played in everything from Kappa (too fitted), Umbro and Nike, and unfitted sleeves are just annoying. You kind of correct it all the time whilst on the pitch. I think Nike do this well, as well as Adidas. Not every player needs to have bursting biceps when wearing a kit, but a few centimeters off would have made a lot more sense.

- The detail over the Genting-logo is also very random, why did they put it there? Less is more in my opinion, and it just looks untidy IMO.

- The Macron-chaps om the shoulders is OK, they put them there on every kit so we cannot expect anything else.

- The Villa-logo looks unfinished too with the crisp white border around it, why did they make it that big? Clearly without the border it looks better, again IMO.

It might be that the kits our players are wearing are random sizes, but my biggest and only worthwhile concern is that is looks wastly big around the stomach. Why so much fabric used around the waist? You can see Ireland tidying it in whilst showing it off. I am not a fan of the Kappa-style, does not need to be that fitted, but come on, it looks huge! On every picture the material is just hanging out on every player, I hope this will be better when we kick off the season. Just look at every picture before the Euros and we can see that the kits are the same for most teams, nicely fitted around the waist and no extra. Again, a bit sloppy and generic. I mean, if I wanted my local team to play in Macron this is exactly what I would expect we would have gotten just with our colours and badge.

With regards to the yellow line across the bottom of the kit, I have no concerns. I like adjustments from year to year, or else you could have played with the same kit every season. But it would have been much cooler with a really clear-cut and simple, classic kit without all the details - and then the yellow to spark it up.

An untidy, pretty dull and rushed edition of a football-kit that will be lost in the history of many nice Villa-kits. The away kit? Not something I will buy, and I doubt we will wear it much. I am looking forward to a navy away-kit if that ever comes back, which could have worked with blue sleeves and claret Macron-men on the shoulders as well as a claret collar.

For what it's worth, I like the socks!

That is quite the review!

I know what you mean about it looking a bit big in places, looks like they've given the players the size bigger than the one they usually take.

West Ham have a navy away kit for next season fairly similar to what you've described there.

For those that wanted clarification on the sizes. The website has removed 3 and 4xl from their site now. I phone up and asked about the sizes again and if that only applied to the online store. The lady went to find out and came back with "yes, i have 3 and 4xl here right now" So to those that wanted to know, you can get the 3 and 4xl from instore tomorrow. The online store seem to have a delayed time for sizes over 2xl. I'm pretty sure it was a different person i spoke to the second time around as the first lady said they wasn't selling the 3 and 4xl and that the 1/8/2012 waiting period was correct.

I was told by the lady over the phone that the sizes are exactly the same as Nike. I don't think anybody knows anything right now hahaha.

Thanks will get a 2xl or 3xl depending on the fit. I am a XL for last years kit but at least I have the option of a bigger sizes if I want a less tight fit

I imagine its because theres a free concert on at VP that probably cost a lot to put together ;)

Well why make the kit available to buy from villa village from 09:00? as all ill be doing is nipping in in the morning, picking a shirt up then buggering off.

I wish the collar was white....and I have to say, I quite liked the black socks this year...

The away kit is an atrocity...hopefully the change strip will be a white top, claret shorts...

Â