Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Like the home kit.

I don't think it's amazing, there's something about it that makes it look a bit cheap, might be the macron men on the shoulders. But overall I like it. It's claret abd blue, and it's a simple design.

Pleasantly surprised that the away kit isn't horrendous. In fact I quite like it. It's not too garish despite the colour.

LIke the keeper kit. Not a fan of the design on the sleeves, but that's a minor thing

Just watched both videos on the kit mini site and I like them both. Both decent looking football kits, the home one has a traditional feel about it with the collar and design. I like it, and definitely think they'll grow on us.

WTF is going on with the blue on the home shirt, it looks like a shop sample that's been left in the window too long and has faded. Completely different colour to the socks which is what I would consider to be closer to the correct blue.

As for that feckin collar, just take the scissors to it! I do like collars, especially on the 81 shirt which is a pure classic, but this is a piece of shit. As for the shorts they just look plain stupid with short side panel.

Oh well I suppose the good news is it won't be displayed in shops anywhere in my part of the world.

On a positive note I quite liked the away shirt! :)

its a bit meh to me - I was all up for really looking forward to it but... as said above the blue doesnt look consistent and the shorts wtf. The away kit just looks like an of the shelf t-shirt with the badge and sponsor ironed on - they could have at least had the same type of shit as the home in different colours.

Hate the neck / collar detailing

Cheap and nasty looking

Also the badge needs remodelling, the big shield type thing isn't so attractive

Prefer the way Chelsea do their badge

They've had months to design these kits

Yet they look like they've been hashed together in an afternoon by a graduate

Some of th mock ups on here were far superior

It is a shame that we are listening to such ignorance of our history.

Black Socks debate last year - We wore Black Socks from the middle 1920s until the 1950s which covers greats in our club like Johnny Dixon, Peter McParland, Pongo Waring, Eric Houghton. It was Balck Socks the last time we won the FA Cup!

Macron to their credit looked at our old kits and went to the 1980-81 kit for inspiration. That Design had sort of stayed the same since around 1974 and had collars.

The filled in V at the front of the neck instantly had me thinking back to our Third Division Days. That was the last real rebirth of this club. We also won the Euro Super Cup (Beating Maradona's Barca in teh process) with a filled in V Neck.

The Home kit fits in totally with the history of teh club. I will wait till I see it in real life to make a judgement on the colours, but compared to some of the 80s and 90s kits we had its bloody good.

Anyone here who cares can look at http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm to see how the kist have built up over the years.

Â