Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

This website would be a lot more enjoyable if there was some way of filtering out CI's comments.

The kit is fine, although I really wish it was more tight-fitting. Might just get it a couple of sizes too small.

I really love the shirt and have just bought it, but does anyone else think that the claret is ever so slightly off? Was looking at it compared to some of the older shirts and it definitely looks a little paler.

I'm just nitpicking now tbh.

Edit: the blue is definitely a lighter shade too. I, shamefully, usually wear a long sleeve Nike pro shirt under the Villa shirt when I play football...it matched the sleeves of last seasons kit perfectly, but it doesn't match the blue of this seasons shirt.

I really love the shirt and have just bought it, but does anyone else think that the claret is ever so slightly off? Was looking at it compared to some of the older shirts and it definitely looks a little paler.

I'm just nitpicking now tbh.

Edit: the blue is definitely a lighter shade too. I, shamefully, usually wear a long sleeve Nike pro shirt under the Villa shirt when I play football...it matched the sleeves of last seasons kit perfectly, but it doesn't match the blue of this seasons shirt.

I think the claret is spot on. Nike just kept on going darker and darker each year... it was described as "team red" ffs.

Like the lighter blue, back to the old days!

Overall, happy with kit.

I get the impression that if this kit had a Nike tick on it then the moaners would be creaming their pants.

I read someone saying when we chose macron we were showing signs of decline as a club etc. HELLO???

Liverpool - was Adidas - now Warrior Sports

why??

££££££££££ - Nike gave us 10 million and one cock up after another. We were also sloppy seconds to Manure and Arsenal.

Macron gave 15 million and priority. Enough said.

Hang on... Just been on the OS: http://tinyurl.com/cr4hr8f

In the preview images here the shirt is clearly slim-fitting... The shirts the players were wearing in those videos were NOT the same shape as the ones being advertised here. You can even see that DB's shirt in the image on the left isn't the same shape as the ones being sold.

Is the replica a different shape to the players' kit or are the players just wearing bigger sizes than they should be?

Just got back from Villa Village, the shirts were selling fast, terrific turn out.

Shirt is fantastic, im not sure what went on with the official photoshoot as they must have been wearing the wrong size shirts as the one im wearing right now is a lovely fit. They must have been wearing xl's in the photo's. Its all about getting the right size!

Im going to re-iterate that point so it hits home, get the right size! I got a uk medium (size 178-183cm)

Anyway, on to the shirt;

- Material is not cheap and nasty, its bloody lovely

- Badge IS embroidered

- Collar can be tucked in and worn as a round collared shirt

- The thin claret piping on the sleeves is misleading as it is in fact a thick claret band with a blue lip folded over over it

- Sponsor is printed on like the nike kits but 'macron' is embroidered

- Heat embossed lion is on the lower back corner of the shirt and looks fecking gorgeous

Ask away if anyone wants to know more details

It really is a lovely shirt, macron have done us proud! All ill say is if you dont like the design then fair enough, thats your opinion, BUT it is far from a cheap and nasty shirt, its very well made.

I will stress yet again the following: It is very very important to try it on to ensure you get the right fit otherwise it will look very large and baggy.

This could be one of my favourite villa shirts.

Oh and the away in person is very bright, nice shirt, but bright 8)

In the preview images here the shirt is clearly slim-fitting... The shirts the players were wearing in those videos were NOT the same shape as the ones being advertised here. You can even see that DB's shirt in the image on the left isn't the same shape as the ones being sold.

Is the replica a different shape to the players' kit or are the players just wearing bigger sizes than they should be?

I can confirm that while not as tight fitting as the Napoli shirts, they are NOT baggy and loose or too large. Get the right size! The best advice I can give is to try one on or look at Gabby in the shirt for the best idea of how it hangs/fits.

I typically wear a size small and got the small and its a bit bigger than usual. I might enquire before ordering the away strip if they would be open to possibly doing a Mens XS, which would equate more to the usual Small, so that I do not have to have a damn kids shirt, haha.

I can confirm that while not as tight fitting as the Napoli shirts, they are NOT baggy and loose or too large. Get the right size! The best advice I can give is to try one on or look at Gabby in the shirt for the best idea of how it hangs/fits.

:thumb:

fair to say if you get your usual size it wont be too small.

Ingram - any "thumbs up in mirror, ciggy coming out of thumb, official kit release 2012" photos in the pipe line dude?

i got a poster with the avfc crest, but with fxpro launch kits in background.

bastards... mcleish out.

Ingram - any "thumbs up in mirror, ciggy coming out of thumb, official kit release 2012" photos in the pipe line dude?

bastards... mcleish out.

Haha Id forgot about that. I may do, ill try and make it as less photoshop worthy as possible, probs just me standing still rather than doing any 'facebook slag' in the mirror type photo. Give me a few minutes :lol:

Just hope Gareth isnt about :suspect:

bastards... mcleish out.

Haha Id forgot about that. I may do, ill try and make it as less photoshop worthy as possible, probs just me standing still rather than doing any 'facebook slag' in the mirror type photo. Give me a few minutes :lol:

ha. I am sure he will find you in the end.

We have moved on since ciggies Ingram. Want you balancing shisha pipe on one finger and a rum and coke on the other.

His name is steve and he likes to Scuba!!

Snake skin trousers optional. Terms and Conditions apply.

bastards... mcleish out.

We have moved on since ciggies Ingram. Want you balancing shisha pipe on one finger and a rum and coke on the other.

Well, i am sorry to disappoint but you'll have to settle for me standing mundanely in front of the living room door looking tired and hungry.

Looking like a complete Gorm I must add, not the most flattering photo ever. I normally scrub up better than the below photo suggests.

mevillakit.jpg

bastards... mcleish out.

Well, i am sorry to disappoint but you'll have to settle for me standing mundanely in front of the living room door looking tired and hungry.

Looking like a complete Gorm I must add, not the most flattering photo ever. I normally scrub up better than the below photo suggests.

mevillakit.jpg

I'm sorry, this picture must have been altered. I cannot take you seriously until two black dildo's are coming out of your ears.

Someone better call Gareth and get him to return this photo to its "original presentation".

Â