Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I think the collective disappppintment stems from the very conservative design

When we went with Henson (86/87) Ellis had built them up to be the next Adidas effectively, they came out with a kit that whilst on first viewing was horrific, it had a certain edge to it.

Look at it now, it's iconic, same as that Muller 94 away top

Macron could have been next but this kit is too vanilla

Shame, real shame

Ok fair enough some like it, but they would probably like anything Villa release which is fair enough

I just think we had a chance here to be a bit groundbreaking & missed it

The boys at macron have played this safer than a Steve Davis safety shot

Ok fair enough some like it, but they would probably like anything Villa release which is fair enough

And some people would have found a problem with it no matter what it looked like CI. :winkold: :winkold:

I give it the thumbs up. That is manager and kit taken care of. Next up a few new players and I will bel like a pig in mud....

I went down to Villa Park today to check out the festivities! It was nice to see so many people turn out on such a horrible rainy day. The Mini stadium tour was fully enjoyable, highlight was the tour guide slating Alex Mcleish and rejoicing in the news he had heard that Lambert had told Hutton to F**K off!

The boss spoke about playing football from now on "The right way" and how the fans would play an important part in bringing success back to Villa Park. He sounds well and truly up to the challenge, and I believe every single word which comes out of his mouth......Lambert's Lions indeed!

But the highlight of the day, was checking out the new kits in the flesh, after first view of the home kit, I wasn't entirely sold. However, after picking one up and looking at the quality of the item I was blown away, some superb little details from the embossed lion, the AVFC on the back of the neck, and the collar you can tuck in! Not to mention how brilliant it feels on. Macron have done themselves proudly and I for one, am looking forward to a good few years with them designing our kits. I will be first in line for when the away shirt is released, as I didn't realise how much I liked it until seeing it in the flesh.

So yeah, brilliant day! Thank you to Aston Villa and all involved.

Must admit its grown on me a little but I don't like collars. Could of been worse from Macron (look at some of their other efforts!). I'll stick to last seasons for now unless I go mad and buy the away!

When we went with Henson (86/87) Ellis had built them up to be the next Adidas effectively, they came out with a kit that whilst on first viewing was horrific, it had a certain edge to it.

Look at it now, it's iconic, same as that Muller 94 away top

Macron could have been next but this kit is too vanilla

Shame, real shame

That Henson kit is certainly iconic. It symbolises the (thankfully temporary) trashing of a proud and classy football club. And worse was to come with Hummel (well at least the first Hummel kit had a badge on it!)

Exactly, what is wrong with vanilla? I totally respect everyone's right to have an opinion. I just struggle to relate to this view that the basic Villa kit template is somehow boring.

Claret-body-blue-sleeves-white-shorts moves and inspires me, I think of many great Villa players to have worn it and how the design has stood the test of time and provides continuity. On a match day, when the players take their positions ready for kick-off, I love to think that this is exactly how it all looked 100 years ago.

Villa's traditional kit is the classiest football kit ever invented, it really is. I worry that Villa fans don't realise how lucky we are!

Claret-body-blue-sleeves-white-shorts moves and inspires me, I think of many great Villa players to have worn it and how the design has stood the test of time and provides continuity. On a match day, when the players take their positions ready for kick-off, I love to think that this is exactly how it all looked 100 years ago.

Villa's traditional kit is the classiest football kit ever invented, it really is. I worry that Villa fans don't realise how lucky we are!

Well said that man.

Â