Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

When we went with Henson (86/87) Ellis had built them up to be the next Adidas effectively, they came out with a kit that whilst on first viewing was horrific, it had a certain edge to it.

Look at it now, it's iconic, same as that Muller 94 away top

Macron could have been next but this kit is too vanilla

Shame, real shame

That Henson kit is certainly iconic. It symbolises the (thankfully temporary) trashing of a proud and classy football club. And worse was to come with Hummel (well at least the first Hummel kit had a badge on it!)

Exactly, what is wrong with vanilla? I totally respect everyone's right to have an opinion. I just struggle to relate to this view that the basic Villa kit template is somehow boring.

Claret-body-blue-sleeves-white-shorts moves and inspires me, I think of many great Villa players to have worn it and how the design has stood the test of time and provides continuity. On a match day, when the players take their positions ready for kick-off, I love to think that this is exactly how it all looked 100 years ago.

Villa's traditional kit is the classiest football kit ever invented, it really is. I worry that Villa fans don't realise how lucky we are!

man you have got that so right. i think a few on here read and digest

Still can't decide whether I should order a small or a medium. I'm 5'10/5'10.5 and slim build, although I'm only 18 so might grow a bit more. The Nike medium shirts fitted me perfectly both in length and width. Anyone else a similar sort of size with the new Macron shirt?

Still can't decide whether I should order a small or a medium. I'm 5'10/5'10.5 and slim build, although I'm only 18 so might grow a bit more. The Nike medium shirts fitted me perfectly both in length and width. Anyone else a similar sort of size with the new Macron shirt?

I'd go for small in that case Mantis - my problem is I was a small in Nike so i don't know what i'll be in this Macron kit?

Without doubt order a small. I used to take a medium for the first few Nike shirts but the last few years Ive developed a fondness for unhealthy food and at the age of 27 have lost the ability to consume what I want without consequence, so for last years chequered effort I had to go for a large in an attempt to conceal my new found mini-paunch.

This years macron sized 'medium' fits me exactly how nikes large did last year. I'm 6'1", 14st and quite broad shouldered.

Go for the small as the medium fits me just right so guessing it will be mahoosive on you. Look at my pics a few pages back. That's a medium.

I'd go for small in that case Mantis - my problem is I was a small in Nike so i don't know what i'll be in this Macron kit?

Good lord, are you a man child? I'd say if your a small under nikes shirts then your gonna have to bite the bullet and get either a slightly larger shirt than normal or a sponsorless large kids shirt.

Without doubt order a small. I used to take a medium for the first few Nike shirts but the last few years Ive developed a fondness for unhealthy food and at the age of 27 have lost the ability to consume what I want without consequence, so for last years chequered effort I had to go for a large in an attempt to conceal my new found mini-paunch.

This years macron sized 'medium' fits me exactly how nikes large did last year. I'm 6'1", 14st and quite broad shouldered.

Go for the small as the medium fits me just right so guessing it will be mahoosive on you. Look at my pics a few pages back. That's a medium.

Just ordered a small so it looks like I've made the right choice. I think I'm only about 10 and a half stone so yes, I think a medium would be a bit too big. :lol: If as you say the Macron medium fits you exactly how a Nike large did then the Macron small should fit me perfectly.

Just ordered a small so it looks like I've made the right choice. I think I'm only about 10 and a half stone so yes, I think a medium would be a bit too big. :lol: If as you say the Macron medium fits you exactly how a Nike large did then the Macron small should fit me perfectly.

You saying im fat boy? :suspect:

Anyway, good work, hope its the right fit for you mate, just bear in mind it isnt a figure hugging shirt like the napoli kit but its not a tent either :thumb:

Also, who was asking for pics with the collar tucked in? Ive got some ready to go as long as you dont mind photo's taken while looking in the mirror and looking at my ugly mush. #attentionseeking?me?noway!

You saying im fat boy? :suspect:

Anyway, good work, hope its the right fit for you mate, just bear in mind it isnt a figure hugging shirt like the napoli kit but its not a tent either :thumb:

Also, who was asking for pics with the collar tucked in? Ive got some ready to go as long as you dont mind photo's taken while looking in the mirror and looking at my ugly mush. #attentionseeking?me?noway!

No, you're just "well built". ;):P

Does it still say Pride Of Birmingham on the reverse side of the crest?

Nah that was Nikes little add on to all their kits for the past two seasons for all their teams. Think they have stopped it now.

Saw the kit in person yesterday, they were flying out of the City centre store, have to say I really like it, feels great and looks real classy in the flesh.

Also had a small range of training gear, also looked nice. No garish yellows or Nike identikit junk.

Saw the kit in person yesterday, they were flying out of the City centre store, have to say I really like it, feels great and looks real classy in the flesh.

Also had a small range of training gear, also looked nice. No garish yellows or Nike identikit junk.

I didn't think the new street store was selling them until next week?

I didn't think the new street store was selling them until next week?

I wasn't sure if it would or not, but it was fully stocked, Mens/Womens and kids shirts, aswell as like i said a selection of Macron training gear, including the top modelled by Barr Bannan on the OS.

Loads of people wearing the new shirt and carrying villa store bags round the city.

Although quite telling is they would only do shirt print with personalized names on, and weren't permitted to do player names incase they left the club before the start of the season.

Â