Carlos Cuellar - Released

R.Bear

He is 31 in August. The club should give him a 2 year deal on 35k a week which I'd imagine is about what he will be after. That's 3.5 mill in wages over two years. If the club think they can sign a defender as good as Carlos and pay him for 3.5 mill good luck to them but I don't see it happening.

im afraid that Carlos suffers from the "nice guy" syndrome where everyone thinks hes better than he actually is......... its the JPA Syndrome......... decent player at best, and by and large, hasnt performed at all in his spell at the club........

Not a miss IMHO

I guess who, if anyone, we get in to replace him will determine whether we'll miss Carlos. I thought getting rid of Luke Young was a reasonable decision until I realised Hutton was his replacement!

CC always came across as a decent guy though so I wish him all the best.

People saying Cuellar isn't good enough for Villa are living in a fantasy world. As he showed today, he is head and shoulders above many in our squad and, in any clear out, would be about number 15 to go on my list.

It's a big mistake to shove hm out if he doesn't want to go. Just what I would expect from Mr **** our current manager.

People saying Cuellar isn't good enough for Villa are living in a fantasy world. As he showed today, he is head and shoulders above many in our squad and, in any clear out, would be about number 15 to go on my list.

It's a big mistake to shove hm out if he doesn't want to go. Just what I would expect from Mr **** our current manager.

I agree with you although the decision to let him go is as much about money as it is football so it goes higher than just McLeish.

He is 31 in August. The club should give him a 2 year deal on 35k a week which I'd imagine is about what he will be after. That's 3.5 mill in wages over two years. If the club think they can sign a defender as good as Carlos and pay him for 3.5 mill good luck to them but I don't see it happening.

He'll be after a 4 or 5 year deal to set him up for life (unless he wants to move home).

Sad day. Bye bye Carlos, you'll be fondly remembered. All the best, good luck.

The club is having a laugh if they think this will pan out as a cost cutting measure. I predict we'll spunk some wage money on a useless CB picked up on a Bosman, then realise he doesn't cut the mustard and so have to shore up the defence with a proper signing, spending more than we would have spent keeping Cuellar here.

I agree with you although the decision to let him go is as much about money as it is football so it goes higher than just McLeish.

i doubt its about money tbh

carlos would be the lowest paid of the 3 senior centre backs, and replacing him will cost a transfer fee, a signing on fee and likely a higher or equal wage to what he was earning. wouldve been far more financially intelligent to sign him on for another couple of years on the same terms (which YIM said he'd have been willing to do), then sell on collins or dunne to save the money

I remember the day that my sons and I heard that we had signed Carlos. We were euphoric and jumpimg up and down!

We had watched all of Rangers cup games previously and King Carlos was awesome!

As usual Villa have totally misused a really good player. Good luck Carlos with the rest of your career, we will miss you.

Â