Carlos Cuellar - Released

R.Bear

the bloke couldnt get a game and couldnt get a contract........ thats the simple fact - hes just p*ssed off that he cant rob a living anymore....... the board dont have any requirement to tell the player whether his contract is being extended or not...... he was contracted for X amount of years, the club dont have to tell him shit !

**** off carlos you useless sack of sh*t....... £8M spunkers and 4 gaffers who wouldnt play you says it all............ oh i forgot, youre apparantley a nice bloke so well miss ya !!

Well this gets a big fat "meh" from me. Yes we all like him, but if he was as good as some on here make him out to be then he would be playing.

We needed to get through the season, why would you tell some one that they dont have a job at the end of the season when we were fighting tooth and nail to stay in the league?

In absence of a manager then the CEO should have had a word. But wimpy faulkner wouldn't face a guy down and tell him he no longer has a job !

Jeezus christ. He is not a factory worker?? He had a contract which ended and he got paid handsomely for. That contract has ended.

He was not sacked.

He didn't make himself indispensible....thats his problem!

I am sure he wont go hungry and he will find a club pretty quicky and we will get a better defender who costs less.

Well done to the board, he was crap and always hoofed it. The king carlos day made me laugh, almost every time he played people around me in the crowd were moaning and groaning about how shite he was. I remember a number of times fans had to tell him where to pass to.

Over paid championship player.

well I for one dont think its about whether he was a hoofer, whether he got enough games (even though I felt he was the better player at the back) I dont think its about how much money he got for playing football while we sit at a desk etc taking a year to earn what he earns in a week.

I think its about common decency, respect and communication. Whats wrong with telling the player that his wage bill is a bit high for their new plans, telling him their options so that he has some.

He is playing in another country, its a short career and he wants to plan more than 2 weeks ahead and there is a lot to consider.

Carlos never moaned until now so fair play, for faults he never gave less than 100%

Lerner seems to be problem inside the club as well apparently.
Fixed

Yup, that is the problem.

Lerner has an ego. Think there are a number of ex staff and players who can tell you that. I've heard it from the horses mouth myself.

I am glad. I was worried that he didn't.

If he does have an ego maybe he will massage it and spend some money and effort on the team.

Having a man in charge who doesn't quite understand football, yet thinks he is right on all counts when things need doing is not a good ego to have.

I wish I had listened to Richard about 2 years ago instead of telling him he was wrong.. he was not, he was 100% right and this is why we are struggling.

Anyway, better not say much more about this.

Fixed

Lerner has an ego. Think there are a number of ex staff and players who can tell you that. I've heard it from the horses mouth myself.

If he does have an ego maybe he will massage it and spend some money and effort on the team.

Having a man in charge who doesn't quite understand football, yet thinks he is right on all counts when things need doing is not a good ego to have.

I wish I had listened to Richard about 2 years ago instead of telling him he was wrong.. he was not, he was 100% right and this is why we are struggling.

Funny as I was thinking the same thing, I slagged Richard off for his comments on Lerner and the General and I think he was pretty much right.

Fixed

Garry Cook (before he left), Mike Ashley, Abramovich, Kroenke don't do too badly.

Blimey, some spiteful comments on this thread in the last few pages. I can't see he has said anything that controversial.

I think he is a decent premiership squad player but I am not especially worried about him going. I presume as a relatively big fee signing he is on a sizeable package and I think we can save money for what he offers.

However, I think he should have been told if he was not going to get a new offer. Granted he is on very good money but I assume he has a family and kids and like us all, a future to think about.

Some of the comments regarding 'stress' in the context of receiving a big pay cheque remind me of John Gregory's stone-age attitude with Collymore.

For some, money can't buy happiness, only a better class of misery.

Blimey, some spiteful comments on this thread in the last few pages. I can't see he has said anything that controversial.

I think he is a decent premiership squad player but I am not especially worried about him going. I presume as a relatively big fee signing he is on a sizeable package and I think we can save money for what he offers.

However, I think he should have been told if he was not going to get a new offer. Granted he is on very good money but I assume he has a family and kids and like us all, a future to think about.

Some of the comments regarding 'stress' in the context of receiving a big pay cheque remind me of John Gregory's stone-age attitude with Collymore.

What if he was told, which I think is likely, "all contract decisions are on hold until the end of the season and we are safe".?

Season is over, decisions are made and he is told he can leave.

I doubt he was that foolish that with 6 months left he was thinking he was in the long term plans.

the bloke couldnt get a game and couldnt get a contract........

**** off carlos you useless sack of sh*t....... £8M spunkers and 4 gaffers who wouldnt play you says it all............

Couldn't get a game?

He played 37 in 08/09, 48 in 09/10, 16 in 10/11, and 19 in 11/12. Funnily enough, those first two seasons we were 6th each season and then we sunk to 9th and then to 15th. In the last two seasons his return to the side coincided with us pulling away from relegation.

I think on reflection I will look elsewhere for the "useless sack of sh*t".

Obviously that was my comment, I see you basically read the word stress then chose to ignore the rest.

Collymore has **** all to do with it as well, stress and depression are too very very different things

Â