All hail Stiliyan Petrov!

momo

I think that he has been most important for us this season, and will hopefully continue to perform through the next.

A good player and a great pro. One of the best signings of the past 5 or 6 years.

Couldn't agree more. He has been comfortably our most consistent player this season and I can see him pissing the player of the season award. He'll definitely get the players player award.

Head and shoulders above every one else on the pitch against QPR.

I respect everyones opinions but really couldn't agree. Ireland was my choice for MOTM and I though Clark showed more than Petrov. I would still look to replace him from the starting eleven come the summer.

I respect everyones opinions but really couldn't agree. Ireland was my choice for MOTM and I though Clark showed more than Petrov. I would still look to replace him from the starting eleven come the summer.

Weird how people see games differently, in the 2nd half I thought Irelad was dreadful, seemed to make very little effort to run on to passes, resulting in our attacks ending with goal kicks.

Weird how people see games differently, in the 2nd half I thought Irelad was dreadful, seemed to make very little effort to run on to passes, resulting in our attacks ending with goal kicks.

Yes, it actually helps if you are at the match, not suggesting either of you wasn`t but most on here never go.

I'm being a bit critical because Ireland had a decent game overall, but Bannan did play a pass over the top that Ireland just left for a goal kick. At first sight the pass looked like it would be 'one bounce and out' but the spin on the pass held the ball up nicely and Ireland could have at least challenged the defender to keep it in.

Eventually, Petrov's time will pass. For now and whilst he's on some of his better form, we would miss Petrov more than many would think.

I saw his pass, I personally think he mrant to whip it to Bent and overhit it.

I'm not saying he doesn't make occasional good forward passes. But when he's bang in the centre of the park, watch him give the ball to a centrensck or Clark. It frustrates me more because he's older amd should have the confidence to thread passes through oppositions more than once a fortnight.

Sorry I meant to say Ireland's pass, for the second goal. Was immense

It was a stunning piece of football from Ireland. One of those passes where you think who the f%@k is that to? And then all of a sudden Petrov appears.

I still think Petrovs a key player. 1st half there wasnt a leader on the pitch. 2nd half we had 3 or 4 leaders - Petrov being one of them.

Always a calming influence and atm, Im afraid to say, head and shoulders above the kids in CM - who are all a bit flat atm for me.